The LG World Record Dictionary!

LGWRSherlock

Hi everyone, I'm starting a new segment called the LG World Record Dictionary. It will be a collection of terminology that you would often find when you read about TVs and electronic devices. There will be a simple explanation on that term that will help you gain a deeper understanding of the inner workings of the world around you.

The first entry of the LG World Record Dictionary is LCD TV (we're starting with the simple stuff first, so be patient guys, the advanced things will come later).

LCD TV:

LCD TV are television sets that use Liquid-Crystal Display technology to project the image onto the screen. The TV consists of liquid crystals in between transparent panels. When light is shined from behind the panels, each crystal either allows light to pass through or block it. And the configuration of the crystals forms the images you see on the screen. LCD TVs have a long life span, about 60,000 hours which is equivalent to 8 hours of watching per day for 20 years. Some LCD TVs such as the LG 47CM565 can even display HD 3D image. It can be easily moved around due to its light weight. However, TV companies are increasingly reducing production on their LCD lines to focus more on new and better technology LG, for example, is decreasing their LCD screen production to concentrate on their latest invention, the LG World Record OLED TV. Still, LCD TVs are the most popular TV type to be found in a common household in the world nowadays.

Everyone can add their own terms and definition so you're welcome to contribute! Just remember to keep the definition short and simple so everyone can understand.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Nice start-up but what about the other terms? I mean you've only posted about LCD TV what about LG other WR products I believe there are many products in this chain, isn't it?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back