The magic of sound and music...

murali

Prologue:

The 1960's, when I was a kid. Just the world of sound and music restircted to an old Telefunken valve radio at home, only AM and no FM. No TV, no tape deck, no CD player. I used to struggle tuning to Radio Ceylon, BBC, Radio Australia, Voice of America, etc etc, listening to The Beatles, several others, including Western classicals. My parents used to shout at me finding it impossible to listen to those "English" music and songs! But I used to get to know Tom Jones, Englebert, several others, in addition to Beethoven, Mozart, Bach etc etc.

Present:

Here, alone, far away from family, friends, my beloved system and components. Weekdays are without mishaps, with work engaging most of the time, the remaining leisure hours spent with a Red or Black Label and a bit of TV. Weekends come, then the adrenaline starts flowing. Nothing serious to do, may be read a little, wander around a while. Then fall-back on the beloved radio broadcasting Westerm classical, blues, jazz etc with good effect through FM. The nostalgia starts creeping in, the music starts flowing through the veins, mentally one moves back to listening.
That is the glory of music. It brings tears when you are sitting lonely and think of those who love you. When Mozart or Beethoven or Haydn start playing, the huge orchestral sound engulfes you, captivates you, takes you without flesh and blood to where you actually belong. That is life, my friends.

We all bicker, argue, belittle one another in this forum. But there is this common thread of music that keeps us all together and pushes us towards the "nirvana" in "utopia" we all dream about. Let a forum like this help us grow our taste for good sound and music and help us appreciate the world we live in, wherever we are. Till then, this will continue to be a success. The moment we start argumentative threads just for the sake of arguing, we get lost. Let us keep the threads and feedback to share our experiences, right or wrong, help others with different views, and most important learn more and more, even what we think we already know.

Happy listening.
murali
(not under the influence of Johnnie Walker, honestly!)

Prologue:
Here, alone, far away from family, friends, my beloved system and components.

It brings tears when you are sitting lonely and think of those who love you.

Just what my heart says!!!! Here I was thinking I will be offline, but this forum, being so far away I still feel I am surrounded by friends

Hi

Code:
That is the glory of music. It brings tears when you are sitting lonely and think of those who love you.

Being from the same 60's even today I too get emotional when I listen to the living legend P.B.S songs ( a famous singer from Tamil Nadu) or when listening to the greatest singer of our time KISHORE KUMAR singing " Bole O Bole", or "Nazrana Beija Kisine Pyar Ka" and watch some of the oldies like our own Purachi Thalaivar M.G.R acting and the ever-green T.M.S singing the song "Nan Aanaiyitall, Athu Nadanthuvitall" with the camera zooming in from the top of the staircase (even though i am with my family and enjoying the life).

Yes one can reach NIRVANA only thru' Music.

Regards

sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Tower for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back