The Quest for a Region-Free Blu-Ray Player

The best player in that case is Oppo with hardware mod. Lot of peopple have used it with hardware chip and its working out for them pretty nice.

Pioneer 450 is nice but has its quirks with loading custom firmware. I believe there are hardware mods for these as well but not sure if its as easy as Oppo.

Pp

Oppo is the best player and not just because it can be made region free so easily but due to it's many other qualities. Problem is the cost. :(

At that budget, Best bet is still pioneer players with custom firmware. Its a hassle to find one with right firmware, but worth it at less than 15000. Personally, I would not pay more than 200 USD for a bluray player. I find oppo overpriced for what it does.

Read free reviews on Amazon and its scary. would not want to try that path. Messaged couple of folks on ebay who were selling the 450. They have the latest 2.09 firmware on them. So the search continues...

I am trying to get a friend to carry the oppo 103. Is there any way for the warranty to remain valid once it is carried out of US?

Yeah, a Region -Free Blu Ray player can help you play any region coded dvd discs freely. But a DVD player is always very expensive, so I suggest you to change another way. Actually a DVD ripper also can help you do this, and a good dvd ripper won't cost you much money. If you are interested in this method, here I recommend you to tryan unlock dvd region code program. It is really good -to-use, and I'm sure it will solve your problem.

Last edited:
Hello. Sorry for bumping this old thread but I need some opinions on whether it is safe to buy from 220-Electronics. I want to buy a region free Oppo 95 from 220-Electronics. Should I use their shipping, if available or use third-party shipping services??

Thank You.

I purchased 103D directly from Oppo and then made it region free using this bluraychip.dk - Oppo BDP-103(D)/105(D) multiregion DIY kit - STANDARD version. It is working really well even after firmware upgrade.

It is really easy to install, not permanent damage so the warranty is intact. Highly recommended.

Hello. Sorry for bumping this old thread but I need some opinions on whether it is safe to buy from 220-Electronics. I want to buy a region free Oppo 95 from 220-Electronics. Should I use their shipping, if available or use third-party shipping services??

Thank You.

I have bought a couple of players from 220- they are/were safe. They used to send it by Fed-ex with tracking: got to me within 10 days.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back