The REL Club

Dear FMs and Rel experts I require your Input:
My setup is QA3030i and 3090i. Denon X2700H. Right now using it as a stereo setup, I do have plans to add surrounds later.
But I am on the lookout for a SW. I would like to know if a single t5/i is good enough for a hall size of 25 x 15 ?
Or do I have to go higher? It s 50/50 ghut movies and Music.
I would suggest HT/1205 MKII for your room size. I am using a HT/1003 MKII in a 14*10 room and pretty pleased with the output for both movies and music.

The main reason T5/I struggles maybe because it's downfiring. I've seen that downfiring subs are quite sensitive to placement.

My setup is QA3030i and 3090i. Denon X2700H. Right now using it as a stereo setup, I do have plans to add surrounds later.
But I am on the lookout for a SW. I would like to know if a single t5/i is good enough for a hall size of 25 x 15 ?
I see a couple of FMs have suggested the 1205. That will have to be the bare minimum for your room size.

I'd go a step further and say, for your room size, you should really think about the Predators.

It also depends on your listening position with respect to your room. Is it the end of the length of the room or across the room.
No harm in considering ported subs too.

That's a pretty large room. A ported 12 inch or sealed 15 inch would be required.

Gentlemen, I'm having a problem with my T9/x. It is connected to my Kinki amplifier speaker outputs as suggested by REL. It was working fine till a couple of days ago. But, today, whenever I power up the system there is a god-awful hum. I tried the trouble shooting mentioned on the REL site to no avail. Any suggestions?
P.S. Its working fine with my AVR and .1 input with the high-level connection disconnected.

Gentlemen, I'm having a problem with my T9/x. It is connected to my Kinki amplifier speaker outputs as suggested by REL. It was working fine till a couple of days ago. But, today, whenever I power up the system there is a god-awful hum. I tried the trouble shooting mentioned on the REL site to no avail. Any suggestions?
P.S. Its working fine with my AVR and .1 input with the high-level connection disconnected.
Check if the black/red wire connected to the high level terminals is loose.

So, I've isolated the issue me thinks. Even when the wires are disconnected from the amplifier but the speakon is connected to the sub, hum is present. Moment I remove the speakon connector from the sub, hum goes away. I tried a preout from the amp to the low level of the REL. Works fine, no hum. So, either the cable is the culprit or the high level connector at the sub end?

So, I've isolated the issue me thinks. Even when the wires are disconnected from the amplifier but the speakon is connected to the sub, hum is present. Moment I remove the speakon connector from the sub, hum goes away. I tried a preout from the amp to the low level of the REL. Works fine, no hum. So, either the cable is the culprit or the high level connector at the sub end?
Well thats weird, the High level is an input socket so if you disconnected it from the amplifier side(completely) then the wire has no signal even if it is still connected to the Rel sub. Could be the speakon cable isn't locked in place? Is this the factory cable u using?

Cheers.

Well thats weird, the High level is an input socket so if you disconnected it from the amplifier side(completely) then the wire has no signal even if it is still connected to the Rel sub. Could be the speakon cable isn't locked in place? Is this the factory cable u using?

Cheers.
Yep, using the factory supplied cable.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back