The REL Club

REL T7 user here.
Question
How many of you have set the crossover point above the speaker roll off point.In my case, speakers are Harbeth 30.1 @50 Hz. I have my cross over set at 12 O clock on Rel (assuming it is 75 Hz).Could you tell me what is the cross over setting you have on yours and share experiences.

Righly said, Rel T5X is now quoted at 80k INR...sadly, this has gone out of my reach now.
A product is only as good as the price it's sold at. Definitely not worth it at 80K when it's being sold in the international market for 50k.

Let the dealers decide whether they'd rather have a greater volume of sales right now when interest is rife in the product or sit on unsold inventory with the prospect that eventually someday, they'll fetch the asking price for it.

REL T7 user here.
Question
How many of you have set the crossover point above the speaker roll off point.In my case, speakers are Harbeth 30.1 @50 Hz. I have my cross over set at 12 O clock on Rel (assuming it is 75 Hz).Could you tell me what is the cross over setting you have on yours and share experiences.
You have to ascertain the in room response of your speakers and sub. Differs wildly according to room and placement. For instance, the KEF Q350 and Wharfedale Evo 4.2 are rated at 63hz and 54hz respectively. In my room however, and depending on the placement, they go down to 35hz. Therefore, i have to set the crossover really low i.e. 9 o clock (or 3 if you're looking at it in reverse). On the other hand, my floorstanders dig down to 60hz only before sharply rolling off though they're rated at 38hz so i have to set the crossover at nearly 12 o clock (or 6 if you're looking at it in reverse) when they're playing.

You can tune it to perfection by ear alone after having lived with it for a while or save yourself the trouble and get yourself a Umik-1 or any other calibration/measurement mic. You'll be up and running in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:
You have to ascertain the in room response of your speakers and sub. Differs wildly according to room and placement. For instance, the KEF Q350 and Wharfedale Evo 4.2 are rated at 63hz and 54hz respectively. In my room however, and depending on the placement, they go down to 35hz. Therefore, i have to set the crossover really low i.e. 9 o clock (or 3 if you're looking at it in reverse). On the other hand, my floorstanders dig down to 60hz only before sharply rolling off though they're rated at 38hz so i have to set the crossover at nearly 12 o clock (or 6 if you're looking at it in reverse) when they're playing.

You can tune it to perfection by ear alone after having lived with it for a while or save yourself the trouble and get yourself a Umik-1 or any other calibration/measurement mic. You'll be up and running in a matter of minutes.
Thanks for your response.In my case I have it set at 12 O clock.my speakers have response just above 50 Hz with strong response at 60 Hz in my room as I have measured with an spl app meter while playing pink noise.what about the gain setting . Could you please tell me the gain setting on yours while you use you floorstanders .

Thanks for your response.In my case I have it set at 12 O clock.my speakers have response just above 50 Hz with strong response at 60 Hz in my room as I have measured with an spl app meter while playing pink noise.what about the gain setting . Could you please tell me the gain setting on yours while you use you floorstanders .
i have it two clicks past 12. Do note that mine is a T9i

i have it two clicks past 12. Do note that mine is a T9i
I have mine also set at the 2 or 3 clicks past the Cross over.Rel T7 has a crossover dial range of 30 to 120. Which means if it is a linear scale,halfway/12 O clock should be 75 Hz.(note : I am not sure if the scale is linear).If that is the case I have my crossover set above the speaker response point which is not what REL advises.I have tried lower cross over points and didn't like the sound.

I have mine also set at the 2 or 3 clicks past the Cross over.Rel T7 has a crossover dial range of 30 to 120. Which means if it is a linear scale,halfway/12 O clock should be 75 Hz.(note : I am not sure if the scale is linear).If that is the case I have my crossover set above the speaker response point which is not what REL advises.I have tried lower cross over points and didn't like the sound.
This is where subjectivity kicks in and linear curves go out of the window. I say Whatever is music to your ears.

Which LFE cables are you guys using for your Rel subs? i was using Supra Sublink with high end connectors till my setup changes.
Need longer cables so had to let them go, curious what the other owners are using? My Rels are hooked up by High Level connection for music but need LFE cables for movies.

Thanks.

Which LFE cables are you guys using for your Rel subs? i was using Supra Sublink with high end connectors till my setup changes.
Need longer cables so had to let them go, curious what the other owners are using? My Rels are hooked up by High Level connection for music but need LFE cables for movies.

Thanks.
I am using the Mediabridge Ultra cable in the Lfe connector.

Last edited:
I think what is installed now is Mediabridge. Don't know exact model.
Basically a "reasonably" flexible coax cable.
If you have a long enough component video cable, it will work too.

Cheers,
Raghu

Any REL TZero MKIII owners willing to sell theirs - please get in touch with me :)

I sold mine some time ago and have started missing the little guy (for both nostalgia and SQ) in my office (post recent research for a certain someone). New is 50K - not worth it. Happy to buy right away.

Hi I am new here I have Wharfedale Evo 4.2 thinking of getting 2 REl subs …. Which ones should I get …. Room is around 10X24X11 feet
The Evo's dig down plenty deep on their own and you've got a pretty large room as well.

In my room which is of similar dimensions to yours (27x10x10), the Evo 4.2s comfortably dig down to 38hz on their own and 25hz when augmented by two T9is.

For your use case, consider at least the T7x though my pick would be the T9x in order to add meaningful extension.

Hi all,
For my first home theatre, I am looking at REL HT/1003 or Polk HTS-10. What do you think will suit better for a usecase of 80% movies?

The room is 17*10 of which the the viewing area is 8*10 feet. The TV is 10 feet away and the TV wall is 8 feet wide. The sub will be placed at the front.

Dear FMs and Rel experts I require your Input:
My setup is QA3030i and 3090i. Denon X2700H. Right now using it as a stereo setup, I do have plans to add surrounds later.
But I am on the lookout for a SW. I would like to know if a single t5/i is good enough for a hall size of 25 x 15 ?
Or do I have to go higher? It s 50/50 ghut movies and Music.

My setup is QA3030i and 3090i. Denon X2700H. Right now using it as a stereo setup, I do have plans to add surrounds later.
But I am on the lookout for a SW. I would like to know if a single t5/i is good enough for a hall size of 25 x 15 ?
Buy PSB sub 250. Much better value than T5. The T5x barely did anything in my 22*18 room.

T5i will not suffice, the rel HT/1205, svs sb1000 pro, starke sw12 or similar 12" will be more apt for the room size you mentioned.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back