The romance of tubes ...

Gobble,

You are not going to pacify us with those wonderful romantic shots of the glowing tubes until ... until you give us that review (at least some impressions) of your new single driver speakers from Audire :mad:.

Regards.

Gobble,

You are not going to pacify us with those wonderful romantic shots of the glowing tubes until ... until you give us that review (at least some impressions) of your new single driver speakers from Audire :mad:.

Regards.

Hee hee ok gimme another week, I need to sort out some things before that.

Cheers

Hello gobble,
nice pics of Lyrita pre amp. since you have started romancing with it I guess the hum problem is solved. ;)
rgds.

Gobble,

Regards.

Ah, you beat me to it! :)

Come on, Gobble, we are all waiting.

The hum problem is not gone. But hey do we admire women for their looks and glitter with lovely clothes or because of what they talk?? Why not the same with lovely glowing tube preamps? :licklips:

A preamp is better than a woman because ....
I can turn it around whenever I please and admire its backside shamelessly without hearing any indignant protestations and admonitions :licklips:

Now compare the after effects with grabbing a woman by her elbow and whirling her around ... :rolleyes:

Did you notice the curves on the edges btw? ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
The hum problem is not gone. But hey do we admire women for their looks and glitter with lovely clothes or because of what they talk?? Why not the same with lovely glowing tube preamps? :licklips:

A preamp is better than a woman because ....
I can turn it around whenever I please and admire its backside shamelessly without hearing any indignant protestations and admonitions :licklips:

Now compare the after effects with grabbing a woman by her elbow and whirling her around ... :rolleyes:

Did you notice the curves on the edges btw? ;)

Cheers

Careful Gobble, Virenji might whack you with a cane for speaking like this about his babies.;)

But yes, I completely agree. :eek:hyeah: You forgot to add her fine skin tone to the list!
More pictures and let the words flow!

I am keen to know whats the difference between a tube amp and a solid state amp ? Are tubes that good ???

the big one is like a small chimney in king akbar's mahal!
an evening time ,"soum-ras" .and other ras mixed time..

But tubes are not for rock and music with punch etc, as i heard... will touch them at a later phase.
the ECC83 types give a faint glow.. may be the pics are enhanced or taken with night mode .

Last edited:
the big one is like a small chimney in king akbar's mahal!
an evening time ,"soum-ras" .and other ras mixed time..

But tubes are not for rock and music with punch etc, as i heard... will touch them at a later phase.
the ECC83 types give a faint glow.. may be the pics are enhanced or taken with night mode .

depends on the ecc83 you're using. my old phono stage used electroharmonix which glowed very lightly, the telefunkens, mullards and amperexes do glow bright.

i'd modify your statement to 'tubes for rock might not be for everyone' ;)

regards

depends on the ecc83 you're using. my old phono stage used electroharmonix which glowed very lightly, the telefunkens, mullards and amperexes do glow bright.

i'd modify your statement to 'tubes for rock might not be for everyone' ;)

regards

I agree, Stevieboy.

No enhancements and "makeup" for these pretty babies here. Its a natural "afterglow" :licklips:
The Transcend grounded Grid preamp is simply great for energetic music as I discovered. So it all depends on how it is put together.

Regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back