The Wait is Over !!

congrats on the rs6 vinod. they do sound quite a bit better after they break in. when new they sound a bit clinical. gets much more musical after 10-15 hours or so. and then keeps getting marginally better upto about 50-80 hours.

am planning to buy the ca 640c cdp. just one question - does it play home recorded cds. as i have a few of them

Hi.Finally, I have my MA RS6 in my living room after a 5-month long wait

Congratulations Vinod! So finally you did buy the speaker of your choice. I remember reading your post in various forums in this regard. Quite a lot of hard work and patience there mate. Enjoy your music!

Yes, I have a RS6 with an Arcam A70 amp. Same finish as yours -- walnut. The 906i and CA amp are sulking in a corner now :)

Particleman! My old friend, how are you? Quite a jump in terms of upgrade there bro. I??m sure the warm Arcam is nicely complementing the brighter RS6.

So now the big question, when are you planning for the Full Metal Jacket?

congrats on the rs6 vinod. they do sound quite a bit better after they break in. when new they sound a bit clinical. gets much more musical after 10-15 hours or so. and then keeps getting marginally better upto about 50-80 hours.

am planning to buy the ca 640c cdp. just one question - does it play home recorded cds. as i have a few of them

Thanx afj. They are indeed quite nice, may be i had run them for 6-7 hours, the treble is sweet, especially the high-hat thing:p, they go very very loud in filling a big room, no doubt about it.

Does it play home-recorded cds - i cannot give you any answer afj :(, coz the cds am playing are all brand new ones, which I bought specially for my new setup. Maybe other CA owners here can help.

Congratulations Vinod! So finally you did buy the speaker of your choice. I remember reading your post in various forums in this regard. Quite a lot of hard work and patience there mate. Enjoy your music!

Thanx unleash_me, yeah it was a very long wait indeed.:)

The 640C will play compact discs (CDs), recordable CDs and rewritable CDs. All these have to have data formatted in Redbook CD format. It will not play MP3.

Cheers

Particleman! My old friend, how are you? Quite a jump in terms of upgrade there bro. I??m sure the warm Arcam is nicely complementing the brighter RS6.

So now the big question, when are you planning for the Full Metal Jacket?

Thanks, unleash_me. I am doing great with the arrival of these babies. Yes, the Arcam is doing a fabulous job and complementing the RS6 just as you say. Bringing out detail I'd never heard before, offering very dark, silent passages and providing excellent attack on cymbals/drums. Only I am toying with the idea of adding a P80 power amp right away because its a tad soft-spoken. Not sure yet.

No, sir, no FMJ for me. Too rich for my blood. I am happy to be with the DiVA for now.

Yes, I have a RS6 with an Arcam A70 amp. Same finish as yours -- walnut. The 906i and CA amp are sulking in a corner now :)

particleman
which model of the ca were you using. am toying with the idea of upgrading from a nad c272 to an arcam. does the a70 give it enough power, or does it run out of steam when you turn in up

particleman
which model of the ca were you using. am toying with the idea of upgrading from a nad c272 to an arcam. does the a70 give it enough power, or does it run out of steam when you turn in up

It was the 540A V2 rated at 60 watts @ 8 ohms. As I mentioned in the post above, the Arcam has some truly amazing qualities that put it head and shoulders above other amps in its price range (also it is now being offered at a reduced price as it is being phased out).

I should mention that my listening area is very small and I listen only at quiet hours of early morning or late night. The A70 is just about adequate for my needs. I would not say it runs out of steam but that it is a bit modest in terms of power. It will not deliver party or concert levels of volume but just enough for comfortable listening. However you should definitely consider the combination of the A70 with a P90 power amp. Or even better, the A90 with the P90.

Both build and sound quality are excellent and made me drop my plans to get a Marantz or Rotel amp. I listen mainly to Jazz, Blues and Classic & Alt. Rock. It delivers very well for these genres. Couple of caveats though -- the amp has no tone controls. While this is a good thing, its important to mention it. Also, the volume control is electronic so you depend on the display to know the level as there is no LED or notch on the pot itself. But these are very minor issues considering the superlative quality of sound.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back