This is a great study!

sorry to say that the study "as reported" in the paper doesnt show anything new...it is known that that arent pure aryan or dravidian blood (for obvious reasons) ...genetic mapping of indian and these conclusions was done sometime ago....
though one statement is a bit generalised..as far as i rememebr there is a brahmin caste of UP which has somewhat purer aryan blood(less inter community marriage over ages!)

and the thing about africa and andaman was also concluded ...but it is completly off topic to the headline

TOI just filled up some pages as news

I do see this as a myth although historical evidence does exist in part for migration of so-called Aryan people into Dravidian territory. The Aryan invasion is the theory for which there is no proof.

The Aryan invasion myth was propogated by the British to further divide India on North-South lines, apart from the religious divide they actively pursued. If there are Indians who still believe it (and need a foreign study to negate that belief), I don't see much future for the unity of this country.

The Aryan invasion myth was propogated by the British to further divide India on North-South lines, apart from the religious divide they actively pursued. If there are Indians who still believe it (and need a foreign study to negate that belief), I don't see much future for the unity of this country.

aryan invasion myth is a myth as is rightly said..... however as i understand the theroy was created as per the evidence available at that time ...regarding the propagation by british, i am not too sure

on the other hand the theory was debunked long time ago and was replaced by aryan migration theory (not invasion but displacement of dravidians due to ecological reasons)..sad though my history textbooks taught aryan invaion theory and there is still a hype sourrounding the controversy...

with people like Rajaram taking the ceterstage for so called Indian historians on aryan theories dont think indians have any issue of accepting views from indian historians as long as its out of india theory...

@the vortex....its confusing that studies -linguistic and genome- supports migration theory (ethnic groups)and that the same genome works against the theory(large migration not occuring during that period)..elabrote if you know more :)

I think more than theories proving the migration concept, historians have come to believe that the migration cannot be ruled out. So, it is sort of a theory with not many objections, if you may call it that:)

darvidians(dark skinned) are the early settlers in several parts of India mostly in south of India and several islands nearby.
Aryans are the tribes who came a little later who were brown and fair skinned people also settled in various parts of India.

Both the tribes originated from Africa but since the Dravidian tribe belongs to the early group which settled in south India and parts of Australia and other few islands their culture and looks are closely inlined with Africans.The Aryan tribe because of their long travelling and settling in several parts of Europe before settling in India have a different type of appearance and culture.

Like the article says few tribes have mixed and produced new tribe.

there is a detailed documentary by discovery channel about this article give in the OP. DNA analysis have been done on how the early humans traveled from Africa and settled in different parts of the world thousands of years ago.

I firmly believe that the human race originated in Africa.

darvidians(dark skinned) are the early settlers in several parts of India mostly in south of India and several islands nearby.
Aryans are the tribes who came a little later who were brown and fair skinned people also settled in various parts of India.

Both the tribes originated from Africa but since the Dravidian tribe belongs to the early group which settled in south India and parts of Australia and other few islands their culture and looks are closely inlined with Africans.The Aryan tribe because of their long travelling and settling in several parts of Europe before settling in India have a different type of appearance and culture.

Like the article says few tribes have mixed and produced new tribe.

there is a detailed documentary by discovery channel about this article give in the OP. DNA analysis have been done on how the early humans traveled from Africa and settled in different parts of the world thousands of years ago.

I firmly believe that the human race originated in Africa.

both tribes/civilisation originated in central asia (ofcourse disputable :D)...and migrated to india (north)..the dravidians then migrated both north and south from indus.......

the ones in nearby islands(A&N) are different and migrated from africa and further to australia..as i said the article can be misleading as they talk about A&N along with the rest

both tribes/civilisation originated in central asia (ofcourse disputable :D)...and migrated to india (north)..the dravidians then migrated both north and south from indus.......

Dravidian's are early African tribes who settled in north,south India and many other islands near by India as well as Australia.Thats is why you can see similarites between sri-lankan,south Indian tribes with certain tribes in Australia and Africa.This has been proven genetically with DNA many times.I am a Dravidian and i know how similar many rituals in my village in south of tamil nadu are with certain African rituals.

Dravidian or Aryans never originated from central asia but aryans settled in central Asia before moving to India.Any race which is existing now no matter which part of the world they belong to were originally from Africa.

Dravidian's are early African tribes who settled in north,south India and many other islands near by India as well as Australia.Thats is why you can see similarites between sri-lankan,south Indian tribes with certain tribes in Australia and Africa.This has been proven genetically with DNA many times.I am a Dravidian and i know how similar many rituals in my village in south of tamil nadu are with certain African rituals.

Dravidian or Aryans never originated from central asia but aryans settled in central Asia before moving to India.Any race which is existing now no matter which part of the world they belong to were originally from Africa.

Am curious, rajapraveen, being from South Tamil Nadu myself. What rituals do you believe we have in common with African tribes?

Am curious, rajapraveen, being from South Tamil Nadu myself. What rituals do you believe we have in common with African tribes?

The way old men and women dress in my village.Wearing big golden jewelery in the ear which makes the ear elongated(seen in my great grand mother).Ive seen many dance preformed in villages which are similar. animal sacrifice to God's(can describe in detail but might be kind of disturbing).Which is your native in south Tamilnadu? i belong to a place near Tirunelveli.This can differ between caste(i am a Nadar) and religion but my statement is based upon observing the majority of the communities.

of cource the skin color.

This video might help.

YouTube - Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey (Part 1 of 13)

Documentary Redraws Humans' Family Tree

THE AFRICAN PRESENCE IN INDIA: A PHOTO ESSAY

The way old men and women dress in my village.Wearing big golden jewelery in the ear which makes the ear elongated(seen in my great grand mother).Ive seen many dance preformed in villages which are similar. animal sacrifice to God's(can describe in detail but might be kind of disturbing).Which is your native in south Tamilnadu? i belong to a place near Tirunelveli.This can differ between caste(i am a Nadar) and religion but my statement is based upon observing the majority of the communities.

of cource the skin color.

This video might help.

YouTube - Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey (Part 1 of 13)

Documentary Redraws Humans' Family Tree

THE AFRICAN PRESENCE IN INDIA: A PHOTO ESSAY

There are many such similarities between a lot of tribes in the world, Raja. This in itself may not be construed as evidence that natives of South Tamilnadu are in fact related to the Africans.

I would not go even so far as to say that the skin colour is similar. True African colour is the kind of black that only very few 'Dravidians' have. Ours is the brown-black, not totally black as of Africans. Also there are huge variations in morphology. The average African male is taller, more powerful and with different sets to his nose, forehead and chin. Even the lips are entirely different from say the average Southern Indian.

I consider Madurai my native place. Although originally my ancestors hail from Thanjavur.

There are many such similarities between a lot of tribes in the world, Raja. This in itself may not be construed as evidence that natives of South Tamilnadu are in fact related to the Africans.

yes, but not just those similarities but with the DNA chain it has been proven that humanity originated in Africa and people from there traveled to India, Australia and so on.I mentioned those other similarities just to add to a proven fact Africans are the ansesters of all humans in this planet.

I would not go even so far as to say that the skin colour is similar. True African colour is the kind of black that only very few 'Dravidians' have. Ours is the brown-black, not totally black as of Africans. Also there are huge variations in morphology. The average African male is taller, more powerful and with different sets to his nose, forehead and chin. Even the lips are entirely different from say the average Southern Indian.

Yes i agree that the skin color may not be exactly the same. African american's are called black in USA but if you see most of them in person they are brown or even what we call fair in our country and they are not as dark as Africans living in Africa.This is were evolution comes into place where the the physical attributes of a living creature can change depending to the place it settles(adapting the the surroundings).Average African males are not tall if you research properly you might know that only certain tribes have tall african males and females(people belonging to these tribes were primarily taken as slaves by Europeans and americans cause they have more physical strength).So when humans moved from Africa to diff parts of the plangent they evolved according the climactic conditions and kind of food available in that place.

If you leave india today with a group of people and get settled in Russia do you think your future generations will have your skin color and physical attributes after a thousand years(even if you strictly follow a rule only getting paired within your group)?

I consider Madurai my native place. Although originally my ancestors hail from Thanjavur.

Good to know, i have few relatives in Madurai.Watch the you tube documentary as it may give you an insight.

Last edited:
Lets agree to disagree on this. I dont think there is any direct proof that today's people of Southern Tamil Nadu once hailed from Africa.

If you could give me some link for the DNA study though, that could be very helpful.

Africa is a huge continent. So, yes, there are tribes where the average height is indeed very tall (Masai) and there are also other tribes where the average height is minuscule (Pygmy).

But yes, I do tend to believe that humans originated out of Africa. So, by that token, everybody is related to them in one way or other, I guess. I just dont see a direct relation between Southern Indians and Africans. A remote one cannot be ruled out, of course. As in the case of almost the entire human species, probably.

Lets agree to disagree on this. I dont think there is any direct proof that today's people of Southern Tamil Nadu once hailed from Africa.

If you could give me some link for the DNA study though, that could be very helpful.

watch the you tube video that ive posted which has 13 parts.In the documentary it's briefly explained how DNA samples are taken to prove what i have mentioned.

I may have a few more links in my home PC which i will PM you once i get home.

But yes, I do tend to believe that humans originated out of Africa. So, by that token, everybody is related to them in one way or other, I guess. I just dont see a direct relation between Southern Indians and Africans. A remote one cannot be ruled out, of course. As in the case of almost the entire human species, probably.

yes, i agree to what your saying.

Certain tribes are more Closely in-line with their ancestors in Africa but certain are not, The same applies to people in south of Tamil Nadu or India for that matter. I am not saying every single tribe of people who are living in south Tamil Nadu are directly related to African tribes, but I believe many tribes of south India are closely related to their ancestors in Africa.

@rajapraveen80
Certain tribes are more Closely in-line with their ancestors in Africa but certain are not, The same applies to people in south of Tamil Nadu or India for that matter. I am not saying every single tribe of people who are living in south Tamil Nadu are directly related to African tribes, but I believe many tribes of south India are closely related to their ancestors in Africa.
also africans who settled in the USA and South Indians Produce some great "Music".
I wonder if you all consider this as a proof they are related :)

Here is an interesting link
JOURNEY OF MANKIND - The Peopling of the World

Aryan invasion or no aryan invasion - but Indian who have travelled a lot, and come across different ppl will surely corroborate with the fact that most of the ppl from Punjab(Pak also included), Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iran, Turkey, Greece are pretty similar in skin color, features, height and built, iris color etc.

And they are pretty different from ppl in southern states.

Pretty much like how even among arabs - the ppl from northern states - like Jordan, Syria, etc (are more "Aryan" looking), have different characteristic than the ppl from southern states like Saud, Oman, Egypt etc

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back