This is really funny

There is also serious discussions happening in legal circles in the US and Europe as to what happens to your email ids and the email contents once you croak.

Cheers

There is also serious discussions happening in legal circles in the US and Europe as to what happens to your email ids and the email contents once you croak.

Cheers

I believe it stays in the ether and floats around in the medium of various backups until deactivated by the service provider and content is deleted to reclaim storage after years of inactivity.

Any pointers to the issues and ramifications on this?

Regards

I believe it stays in the ether and floats around in the medium of various backups until deactivated by the service provider and content is deleted to reclaim storage after years of inactivity.

Any pointers to the issues and ramifications on this?

Regards

In the US at least they, are contemplating a law by which you can will your email ID and contents to anyone you want. The service provider will then open the email to the person to whom it is willed. Already email contents are legal documents in the US. Bill Gates has lost millions of dollars based upon his internal email to his colleagues.

I have a feeling India will follow suit very quickly. Our Cyber laws are quite forward looking.

Cheers

Last edited:
In the US at least they, are contemplating a law by which you can will youe email ID and contents to anyone you want. The service provider will then open the email to the person to whom it is willed. Already email contents are legal documents in the US. Bill Gates has lost millions of dollars based upon his internal email to his colleagues.

I have a feeling India will follow suit very quickly. Our Cyber laws are quite forward looking.

Cheers

In India all is left to the wife and children. How many would want their wives to read their present emails, forget all their emails? Not a very interesting prospect.

Back