This time an Advance TL Floor Stander with Dayton Audio Drivers - New

Cannot see the graph on Tapatalk but 5% is really really high. Please recheck. Unless it's your tube amps, but even then..

Cannot see the graph on Tapatalk but 5% is really really high. Please recheck. Unless it's your tube amps, but even then..

I need to adjust the gate more precisely for getting the correct thd values. Will redo and post again.

had spent some time at haris's place.

I want to commend the build of these speakers and their presentation as well.

The use of better quality drivers and tweeters always helps. I had remarked this to him right from his first speaker build.

Heard a few familiar tracks and they sounded quite good.

Once the speakers are placed in a proper room.. it might really come into its own.

I would recommend these speakers ( and any improvements ) to folks who are in the market for a good stereo sound - no frills and no nit picking stuff.

Good work hari !

The key is to keep raising the bar and one day you fill find a while new world in front of you.

I do not understand measurements and i just went by my ear.

Ofcourse measurements have their own importance and its important to co-relate what i heard with that the measurements say and am happy to see Kapvin here on this thread.

regards

you use the same gates as you do for frequency response mesaurements. .. like to like..

@ Kapvin,

I Verified the distortion measurements and noted that Distortion = F(Frequency) (Distortion is a function of frequency). Hence again quoting the figures for 1KHz frequency.

2nd Harmonic - 0.375%
3rd Harmonic - 0.258 %
4th Harmonic - 0.174%
5th Harmonic - 0.162%
6th Harmonic - 0.12%

THD - 0.584%

Thanks,

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back