Thought I fixed it, but I still have intermittent sound issues with the receiver.

himeshlem79

Recently bought a LG C1 and pairing it with an older Yamaha RXV475. Initially I set up all the streaming apps through the TV instead of using the cable box apps. Initially, I had no sound, yet had sound when watching cable tv.
After fumbling around, finally got sound to play when using the streaming apps on the LG tv itself. Now I’m sitting down to watch a movie and having to fumble through sound issues. First the voice track is much lower than the rest of the soundtrack so you can’t hear the spoken parts as well. When I turn up the volume, the receiver shuts off after about 10 minutes. When I use the streaming apps via the cable box, the sound stays on but the voice track is still lower.
I have tried varying HDMI cables, including ones that are supposedly able to play 4K. I don’t know if this is a problem with the receiver itself - is it just too old tech for the new TV? Or is it something else, like the speaker wires? I assume it has something to do with the ARC. Not sure if I should just get a newer receiver. I’d do ghat if I knew that was the problem. Everything seemed to work with my last Tv.
Is there something else I’m missing? I should add, when I watch regular cable TV so far it appears the sound is fine.

Issue depends on whether LG is decoding perfectly or not. Also streaming files itself may have low volume.Since AVR are shuts down, you can try increasing individual speaker volume(center) in avr.
Also try changing sound options in app (Bitsream/lpcm).

Can you confirm that its just sound from the center channel that is low and not all channels? If yes, its just a matter of increasing the gain or volume levels for the center or dialog channel alone, which you can do on the AV receiver channel level set up.

Recently bought a LG C1 and pairing it with an older Yamaha RXV475. Initially I set up all the streaming apps through the TV instead of using the cable box apps. Initially, I had no sound, yet had sound when watching cable tv.
After fumbling around, finally got sound to play when using the streaming apps on the LG tv itself. Now I’m sitting down to watch a movie and having to fumble through sound issues. First the voice track is much lower than the rest of the soundtrack so you can’t hear the spoken parts as well. When I turn up the volume, the receiver shuts off after about 10 minutes. When I use the streaming a
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254

pps via the cable box, the sound stays on but the voice track is still lower.
I have tried varying HDMI cables, including ones that are supposedly able to play 4K. I don’t know if this is a problem with the receiver itself - is it just too old tech for the new TV? Or is it something else, like the speaker wires? I assume it has something to do with the ARC. Not sure if I should just get a newer receiver. I’d do ghat if I knew that was the problem. Everything seemed to work with my last Tv.
Is there something else I’m missing? I should add, when I watch regular cable TV so far it appears the sound is fine.
issue got solved

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back