Thoughts about Genelec

Just to put the point across differently -
Genelecs are pure "physics of sound".
Other manufacturers are "art of sound". So, you may choose between science and art !!

Just to put the point across differently -
Genelecs are pure "physics of sound".
Other manufacturers are "art of sound". So, you may choose between science and art !!
As per research based on blind testing and technical measurements Good sound and physics correlate.
Better the physics better the audio quality.

Have been using Gens for a long time and it is always one of the other components in the chain that I feel needs an upgrade.
People have wrong notions about such active speakers that they are not meant for home, they are clinical etc.
With the right source, DAC and cables and own settings, they can be pleasant to listen for long hours.
When it comes to VFM, these are hard to beat. And talk about less headache of matching amp and speaker cables.
I have dropped these speakers and broke the tiles. Says a lot about the build quality/ ruggedness!

Have been using Gens for a long time and it is always one of the other components in the chain that I feel needs an upgrade.
People have wrong notions about such active speakers that they are not meant for home, they are clinical etc.
With the right source, DAC and cables and own settings, they can be pleasant to listen for long hours.
When it comes to VFM, these are hard to beat. And talk about less headache of matching amp and speaker cables.
I have dropped these speakers and broke the tiles. Says a lot about the build quality/ ruggedness!
The only problem with these speakers upgrading to a 5.1 from a 2.1 is very expensive. Roughly 1.60k just for 4 of the speakers and another 70k for a subwoofer. And the looks aren’t great! Otherwise this is an unbelievable buy!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back