Tin HiFi T2

ktks1

Hey guys,

I recently purchased the Tin T2 from AliExpress and thought of sharing the first impressions which might help people who are looking for an IEM within ₹2500.

Receiving the item: After a month and half of ordering the product, I finally received the package via India Post with the package mostly intact.

IMG-20190810-WA0002.jpg

Unboxing: I was a tad bit skeptical about the packing after looking at the outside box. But when I opened it, OMG! A beautiful leather-ish case that looks like a book greeted me.

IMG-20190810-WA0001.jpg

For less than ₹3K, one wouldn't be expecting such a good headphone case. The top flap is magnetic and bears the logo. Now, let's get inside shall we ;)

IMG-20190810-WA0003.jpg

The packaging is very well presented with the unattached units and the 3.5mm gold plated termination that has a carbon fiber finish for the housing. The earphone units have an immaculate metal finish and gold plated MMCX connection with red and blue markings. The tips are made of very sticky memory foam which are supposed to help achieve a proper seal with the ear canal. The cable is beautifully braided with silver plated 5N copper and it screams of good quality. The box also contains a plethora of silicone tips and a leaflet containing basic info on these IEMs.

IMG-20190810-WA0000.jpg

All in all, a very good unboxing experience for a relatively cheap Chi-Fi IEM and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Now, the most important part. How does it sound?

SQ:
I've only got 15 mins to listen to these. I used the Hidizs Sonata II HD DAC for now and will try it out with my Fiio A3 in the coming days. Doin' It Right by Daft Punk and Like A Stone from Audioslave were my first picks. They sounded well balanced with pronounced mids and highs. I couldn't get a good seal on the eartips right off the bat, so bass presence wasn't matching the mids or highs. Strobe by Deadmau5 sounded very musical and I enjoyed it a lot.

With a proper seal around my ear canal, along with some burn-in time, I'm pretty sure that these IEMs will give the established brands, a run for their money.

I'll update more on the SQ in the coming days.

Happy weekend :)

-ktks1

Have had the t2 for a while now and love it. Replacable cable is a big plus along with the overall sound quality. Bought a bunch cheap foam tips separately since they don't last too long and sound best with foam tips. Low end is good once you get a good fit with foam tips. There are some popular tape mods, but I was satisfied once I got the correct tip size. Don't need to carry my over the head cans anymore for long commutes which is great. Running them with my primary phone, LGV30.

Hi @ktks1, thanks for sharing your initial impressions and introducing this brand. The TIN HiFi T2 Pro has received rave reviews from Steve Guttenberg. He calls it a marvel at $59 with a transparent sound signature and betters the SQ of headphones costing much higher. He has tested it directly driven by iPhone 8 through the lightning adapter and also through Audioquest cobalt. Only gripe seems to be, he calls it having a "bright emphasized" signature, which is something I don't like much. I have used RHA and Beyerdynamic IEMs in this price range and both had balanced sound. Please post your views after getting used to yours.

Steve's review:

Hi all,

Hope your weekend is going good.

I've had some decent time (around 12 hours) to listen to my T2s over the week and I must admit, I'm growing into the over-ear cable fit on these earphones, and since my ears are small, they fit perfectly that way.

The T2s are now my new daily drivers and have been listening to anything and everything with them. Pairing them with Fiio A3 and Hidizs Sonata II HD DAC, these can throw out really loud sound without losing on the sound quality.

For my small ears, only the smallest silicone tips fit fine and they provide a lot of bass for such a small IEM. For folks who can accommodate larger foam tips (like the stock blue ones), the seal will be more prominent, and so will be the bass. Other tones are presented very well and none of them overpower the other.

Overall, these IEMs are totally worth it for the money. They have solid build and very good cables and great sound quality to top it off. I'm satisfied with my purchase and would recommend it to others.

Happy weekend :)

-ktks1

Hi @ktks1, thanks for sharing your initial impressions and introducing this brand. The TIN HiFi T2 Pro has received rave reviews from Steve Guttenberg. He calls it a marvel at $59 with a transparent sound signature and betters the SQ of headphones costing much higher. He has tested it directly driven by iPhone 8 through the lightning adapter and also through Audioquest cobalt. Only gripe seems to be, he calls it having a "bright emphasized" signature, which is something I don't like much. I have used RHA and Beyerdynamic IEMs in this price range and both had balanced sound. Please post your views after getting used to yours.

Steve's review:
Yes, they are supposed to be brighter sounding than the T2s. That's the reason I chose the latter. Also, these come with some of the best cables I've ever seen.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back