to repair or replace B&W602s2

hey guys
a carpenter dropped one of my precious B&Ws, which were already 10 years old from 10 ft high.

now my system sounds rather harsh, so im guessing the tweeter has gone for a six. theres some damage to the case too, but i m not sure if its affecting the sound.

so now i have to decide to either get the speakers repaired, or get my mom to drop the coin on a new pair.

i have the speakers hooked up to a new marantz sr6005.

if i was to buy new speakers, which would you suggest?

also, if anyone could come over to my house and ascertain the exact cause and listen to my system, i would be grateful.

i live in noida, and my phone number is +9818291107.

thanks for your help guys

dhruv

I am not sure whether this kind of a fix can be done by anyone other than an authorized service center. Authorized service centers too won't be too interested in fixing it. They'll be more keen on selling a new pair :(.

You should check ebay US. A lot of people sell broken stuff for throwaway prices. You may be able to buy one and use a tweeter from it. Replacing tweeter is relatively easier compared to fixing a broken cabinet. Or perhaps someone may be selling a single speaker of the same model because his other speaker is broken :).

send an email to B&W and ask if they have the parts. You will find instructions on how to replace it on the web.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back