Top 100 Metal\Rock tracks of all time

Had 2 opportunities to check out Avial, first time at Technopark in Trivandrum where they were scheduled for a live gig, did not go for this one as at Technopark, promoters usually put up "rock concerts" and when one takes time off from work to show up, all one gets to see is some mallu or tamil nerd singing film songs. Assumed this to be similar and did'nt show up. Later on, came to know that they actually do alternate rock. Thought I'll check them out next time. That next time came earlier this year at LA Fest 2012, conducted at Loyola School. Firstly was absolutely amazed that the usually conservative Loyola management agreed to stage a rock concert and boy, what an event it was for the school. A jam-packed Loyola indoor stadium (incidently Asia's biggest indoor arena for an educational institution) was screaming their guys out as Avial was on a tear. They opened with their signature Aana Kallan. Sounded ok overall, mixing could have been better, stage and lighting was very cool. Was a bit diasppointed by Rex Vijayan, he got his riffs going great but the guy has a very conservative-to-poor stage presence for a lead guitarist. Tony was pretty cool over the pic but the lady in red was a total washout. Neverthless, overall, enjoyed the concert but had to leave the arena before they finished their set, as my 1 year old son, was so overwhelmed with the sound that he started screaming, louder than Tony, unfortunately :eek:hyeah:

Sure Avial based out of Trivandrum, plays folk rock, has the incredible Rex Vijayan on guitars, sings in malayalam but as Trittya said, if you listen to them language would never be a barrier.. Songs to look out for Nada Nada, Aaranda, Chekele, Aadu Pambe.. The vocalist who sang these songs, Anand is not with the band anymore, owing to which Tony took over the responsibility, some of his songs would include Aana Kallan, Ayyo etc.. However the band has experimented with their songs after the first album and has brought in elements of electronica etc into their sound..

For me Paul Rodgers is the archetypical rock singer of all time. Even at his present age of 62, he can belt out songs that would make current crop of rockers squirm in their pants. In the 70s, when I first heard Bad Companys Straight Shooter I was completely blown off. He is the most gifted hard rock singer that I have ever heard. I do not see any of Free, Bad Company, The Firm, PRs solo work or PRs time with other bands like Queen, listed in this link. Recently it was disclosed, after Jim Morrisons death, the remaining members of the Doors wanted PR to replace him. I hope, I do not sound out of place here!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back