Top 100 Metal\Rock tracks of all time

Audio_Freek

Hi Fm's

I been in hunt for collecting the best sounding Metal\rock tracks for all time. I do googled the same and was not quit impressed about there listings.Thought of getting the FM's idea so that i can make a collection. I understand that the track may be more than 1000:), but felt TOP 100 is cache word for title.

we shall consider the mostly on Metal\ rock genre with some stylish composing and rumbling guitar:) with demon vocal.

Few tracks which really am impressed are

White Wedding-Guitar was played with a massive sink with the Vocal
Paranoid- The Lyrics was really great and the Style it been sung
Walk this way- Felt really a diff track from normal Rock style
House of raising Sun-The opening Guitar, awesome, still sticks in mind and vocal too with diff style of composing
Highway to Hell-Pure Rock with a diff tone

.. and i have noticed most of the Tracks are before 80's. Hope Rock or metal were sounding good in 60s and 70's

I request you to share atleast share Best 10 track of yours with the reason so that would make tempt for others too hear the same..:eek:hyeah:

Scorpions-blackout,robot man,sails of charon,tease me please me
John lennon-come together
Ufo-doctor doctor!
Van halen-aint talkin bout love,jump
Guns n roses-nightrain,
Led zepellin-whole lotta love and kashmir
Black sabbath-black sabbath,evil women,war pigs
Iron maiden-iron maiden,hallowd be thy name,aces high
Rush-tom sawyer
Metallica-fight fire with fire,seek n destroy,battery,four horsemen
Megadeth-peace sells,holy war,hangar 18,youthanasia,
Ac/dc-thunderstruck,for those about to rock,the jack!,hail caesar,tnt,caught with your pants down
Aerosmith-dude like a lady,rag doll,toys in the attic

fear factory-replica,messiah
Sepultura-rise,territory
Nin-closer
Nirvana-smells like teen spirit,rape me!
Ratm-killing in the name of,guerilla radio,bomb track
Def leppard-pour some sugar on me,rocket,armegadon it
Korn-its on,freak on a leash,faggot
Limp bizkit-nookie
This is all I could remember right now!more than anything these are my personal favourite!

Last edited:
Dude!! tons of em are out there.. For Metal it would be

Slayer - Raining Blood
Megadeth - Holy wars
Megadeth - Tornado of Souls
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Testament - Electric Crown
Iron Maiden - The number of the beast
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Testament - DNR
Sepultura - Inner self
Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh
Metallica - Metal Millitia
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Overkill - Rotten to the core
Oh the list just does not seem to end

And for some good old rock n roll!

Led Zeppelin : No quarter
AC DC : Shoot to Thrill
Motorhead : Ace of Spades
Lynrd Skynrd : Freebird
Van Halen : Hot for teacher
Black Sabbath : N.I.B
Ozzy Osbourne : Suicide Solution
Deep Purple : Burn
The Who : Baba'O'Riley
Rush : Anthem
Chuck Berry : Johny B Goode
Led Zeppelin : Rock n Roll
Motley Crue : kickstart my heart

The list is never ending my friend but these are the tunes that came to my mind first..

metal Mickey and Jai,

thanks for your list, now am engaged in downloading the same would spend this weekend for enjoying the same.

I heard from friends that either rock or Metal they were with good quality of tracks before 70's and after 70's no not much impressive thought audio technology had crossed various stages.. Even from your list that proves..:)..

awaiting for some responses too..

Hi Fm's

I been in hunt for collecting the best sounding Metal\rock tracks for all time. I do googled the same and was not quit impressed about there listings.Thought of getting the FM's idea so that i can make a collection. I understand that the track may be more than 1000:), but felt TOP 100 is cache word for title.

we shall consider the mostly on Metal\ rock genre with some stylish composing and rumbling guitar:) with demon vocal.

Few tracks which really am impressed are

White Wedding-Guitar was played with a massive sink with the Vocal
Paranoid- The Lyrics was really great and the Style it been sung
Walk this way- Felt really a diff track from normal Rock style
House of raising Sun-The opening Guitar, awesome, still sticks in mind and vocal too with diff style of composing
Highway to Hell-Pure Rock with a diff tone

.. and i have noticed most of the Tracks are before 80's. Hope Rock or metal were sounding good in 60s and 70's

I request you to share atleast share Best 10 track of yours with the reason so that would make tempt for others too hear the same..:eek:hyeah:

Have a look here. You will come across, if not much else, some amazing guitar work with Brodie Cummings playing 100 riffs in one single go
100 Famous Rock Guitar Riffs - one take - YouTube

Have a look at his site here for the list of tracks/riffs thereof
100 Riffs of Santa Rosa Ca. guitar teacher| Guitar Player Teacher in Santa Rosa|Brodie Cumming

ENJOY

trittya,

That's pretty awesome link, just listen to the tracks randomly,, thanks for sharing...
i think its time to rename thread title as" TOP 1000":)..

Oh by the way ! I missed the best Metal ride you could ever have,
Pantera the entire albums!! Start right from Cowboys from Hell and through Mouth for War go Far Beyond Driven through The Great Southern Treandkill and end up Yesterday Don't Mean Shit. Its as heavy a band can get!!
RIP DIME \m/

oops forgot these
wtf!!!! how did i forget rob halford & the boys?aka judas priest!?-pain killer,breaking the law,hell bent for leather
motley crew-girls girls girls,dr.feelgood
europe-final countdown!(most commercial rock track!)
rhcp-sex sugar magik
alice in chains-angry chair,man in the box
pearl jam-do the evolution,alive
nirvana-aneurysm
junoon-dosti,yar bina

there is a hell lot of heavenly rock tracks ive still left/forgot...will keep updating.......intresting thread....guess fm denom still hasnt see this thread!?

ANIRUDH-PO NEE PO(scream of love version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)(3 movie ost i.e "WHY THIS KOLAVERI" SONG movie) beautiful mix of vocals,distortion & FLUTE!!!!!!!!! A MUST LISTEN TAMIL ROCK! LOL(it all starts after the video HITS 60 sec!)

Po Nee Po REMIX - The Scream of Love - YouTube

Last edited:
Okay...

Metal...
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name ...the greatest metal song ever written
Black Sabbath - War Pigs ...perhaps the inspiration for the one above...
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

Wow good response:)
I spent whole weekend and listen to all the tracks posted by JK and metalmickey,I got really inspired by the below tracks

Heaven to Hell
Rebel Yell
Nirvana -Smells like
Guns and Roses
Hanger
Led Zeppelin
Doctor Doctor
Dude Look like
Kick Start
Rock and Roll
Johnny good

The Metallica tracks are not listed here, the reason all them seems to be the perfect:) and more Metallica songs are in list:)

I have noticed some of the tracks are just looking only to bang the guitar and drums with loud music and nothing there for style rhythm or tune.

As we are Indian cultured we do look for nice tunes and unique style and apt vocal even in Metal bands though we know its Loud Music with Instruments

Unique PPL and Unique taste:), By the way got inspired of the Rock and Roll genre too.. will start new thread later once i accomplish the Metal list.

Guys anyone heard of Parkway Drive and, they are from Australia hope and one of my client suggested to list, but am really scared that my SUB would low off with those tracks..They are too heavy metal

NOW AM STARTING WITH "Pantera the entire albums" and come back

Thanks for sharing your thoughts friends

Get a grab of the Indian bands too, there are some amazing bands out there you need to explore,
start off with
Motherjane - Fields of Sound, Broken, Soul corporations, Mindstreet, Chasing the sun
Avial - Aadu Pambe, Nada Nada, Chekele
Skyharbor - Celestial and Dots
Thermal and a Quarter - Paper Puli
Junkyard Groove - Its Ok, Folk you
Pentagram - Electric, Voice
Pin Drop Violence - H.A.T.E , Independence, No Regrets
Helgas Fun Castle - Smoke some ganja
Joint Family - Drummer's Advice
Themclones - My life

And so much more, you've got Kryptos, Scribe, Bhayanak Maut, Undying Inc, Superfuzz, Indigo Children, Indus Creed etc etc...

Get a grab of the Indian bands too, there are some amazing bands out there you need to explore,
start off with
Motherjane - Fields of Sound, Broken, Soul corporations, Mindstreet, Chasing the sun
Avial - Aadu Pambe, Nada Nada, Chekele
Skyharbor - Celestial and Dots
Thermal and a Quarter - Paper Puli
Junkyard Groove - Its Ok, Folk you
Pentagram - Electric, Voice
Pin Drop Violence - H.A.T.E , Independence, No Regrets
Helgas Fun Castle - Smoke some ganja
Joint Family - Drummer's Advice
Themclones - My life

And so much more, you've got Kryptos, Scribe, Bhayanak Maut, Undying Inc, Superfuzz, Indigo Children, Indus Creed etc etc...

+1 to you, Jk Chaos for sharing that list of Desi rockers.

It would be even more appreciated if you could give some pointers about how to get our hands on their productions/albums
(no mp3 suggestions please, unless its encoded at 320 kbps)

I do gather that Avial (Yes I love the way it tastes:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::licklips::licklips:) is a South-based act, it would be great to listen to them, not that I can follow any of the four major South Indian languages but then,
Music especially genres such as hard rock/heavy metal/bhangra and the like do not have a language thats of much consequence, anyway. You'd have known what I mean if like me, you had seen Bodos, Gurkhas and Assamese folks doing the Bhangra to Daler Mehndi's creations. Quite a treat to watch and FEEL, I assure you.

Further, if not much of bother, a small sentence or two about these bands and where they hail from would be a gesture most likely to be immensely appreciated by like-minded folks here.

Thanks in anticipation.
Cheerio

Last edited:
Okay, since these lists are including 80s pop rock as opposed to true metal & hard rock, I took a few liberties as well. Heres a quick list off the top of my head, in no particular order...starting off with my namesake just for fun, then moving on into the real business of things. Will post more as I remember.

Cat Stevens - Peace Train
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Judas Priest - Heads Are Gonna Roll
Fight - Little Crazy
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Metallica - Sanitarium
AC/DC - Back In Black
AC/DC - Sex Machine
Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown
Rainbow - Long Live Rock And Roll
Rainbow - Man On A Silver Mountain
Deep Purple - Woman From Tokyo
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
Dio - Holy Diver
Dio - Last In Line
Diamond Head - Am I Evil
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing
WASP - Wild Child
WASP - Animal (**** Like A Beast)
KISS - Rock N Roll All Night
KISS - Beth
Savatage - Gutter Ballet
Savatage - Edge Of Thorns
Slayer - Raining Blood
Janes Addiction - Nothings Shocking
Pelvic Meatloaf - Skullcrusher
Pelvic Meatloaf - Strength In Numbers
Primus - Big Brown Beaver
Primus - Race Car Driver
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
Motorhead - Overkill
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Scorpions - Arizona
Scorpions - Blackout
Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
Scorpions - Big City Nights
Rolling Stones - (I Cant Get No) Satisfaction
Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK
Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
Anthrax - Got The Time
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
Foreigner - Hot Blooded
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon
Van Halen - Women And Children First
Van Halen - Running With The Devil
Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast
Motley Crew - Shout At The Devil
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
Disturbed - The Night
Disturbed - Stupify
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Rage Against The Machine - Testify
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Kid Rock - American Badass
Tool - Aenema
Tool - Schizm
Korn - Falling Away From Me
Korn - Freak On A Leash
Godsmack - I Stand Alone
Godsmack - Voodoo
Papa Roach - Scars
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Hole - Good Sister/Bad Sister
Nirvana - Rape Me
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box

Sure thing Trittya why not !
Well getting your hand on the albums is kinda tough, stores like flipkart do have some of the albums on sale, then a few at bajaao too..

and now a few words about these bands,
Motherjane Hails from Cochin, had one of the very best guitar players in India Baiju Dharmajan playing for them, now the incredible Santosh Chandran has taken up that role. They play progressive/carnatic rock, to have a taste of how they sound like you can search em up on youtube or search for them in facebook..
Songs to look out for from the band would be, Soul corporations, Mindstreet, Maya, Broken, Chasing the Sun, Fields of Sound, Karmic Steps etc etc.

Skyharbor, started off as Hydrodjent a one man project off his bedroom,by my very good friend keshav Dhar, now has big names like Marty Friedman and Dan Thompkins from Tesseract on his associations list. Based out of Delhi one of the few Indian acts to be signed by a foreign label, Basick records from the UK. Songs to look out for, Celestial, Dots, Maeva, Catharsis..

Avial based out of Trivandrum, plays folk rock, has the incredible Rex Vijayan on guitars, sings in malayalam but as Trittya said, if you listen to them language would never be a barrier.. Songs to look out for Nada Nada, Aaranda, Chekele, Aadu Pambe.. The vocalist who sang these songs, Anand is not with the band anymore, owing to which Tony took over the responsibility, some of his songs would include Aana Kallan, Ayyo etc.. However the band has experimented with their songs after the first album and has brought in elements of electronica etc into their sound..

Thermal And a Quarter is based out of Bangalore, lead by Bruce Lee mani plays a rock/jazz rock/funk sound.. The best song of theirs I've heard is Paper Puli.. Their new album Three Wheels Nine Lives is to be out soon this month

Junkyard Groove is based out of Chennai, and has Ameet leading the band, has a funk/folk influence in their sound.Their debut album 11 : 11 has been one of my top favorites.. Songs to look out for would be Folk You, Its Ok, Hold, Rock n Roll etc..

Pentagram is based out of Mumbai and has singer Vishal Dadlani leading the band, now their sound is more of electronica and rock synced together, an amazing live act I would say and has some awesome tunes to their credit. Look up for songs like Voice, Electric, Animal etc..

Okay, since these lists are including 80s pop rock as opposed to true metal & hard rock, I took a few liberties as well. Heres a quick list off the top of my head, in no particular order...starting off with my namesake just for fun, then moving on into the real business of things. Will post more as I remember.

Cat Stevens - Peace Train
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Judas Priest - Heads Are Gonna Roll
Fight - Little Crazy
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Metallica - Sanitarium
AC/DC - Back In Black
AC/DC - Sex Machine
Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown
Rainbow - Long Live Rock And Roll
Rainbow - Man On A Silver Mountain
Deep Purple - Woman From Tokyo
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
Dio - Holy Diver
Dio - Last In Line
Diamond Head - Am I Evil
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing
WASP - Wild Child
WASP - Animal (**** Like A Beast)
KISS - Rock N Roll All Night
KISS - Beth
Savatage - Gutter Ballet
Savatage - Edge Of Thorns
Slayer - Raining Blood
Janes Addiction - Nothings Shocking
Pelvic Meatloaf - Skullcrusher
Pelvic Meatloaf - Strength In Numbers
Primus - Big Brown Beaver
Primus - Race Car Driver
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
Motorhead - Overkill
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Scorpions - Arizona
Scorpions - Blackout
Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
Scorpions - Big City Nights
Rolling Stones - (I Cant Get No) Satisfaction
Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK
Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
Anthrax - Got The Time
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
Foreigner - Hot Blooded
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon
Van Halen - Women And Children First
Van Halen - Running With The Devil
Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast
Motley Crew - Shout At The Devil
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
Disturbed - The Night
Disturbed - Stupify
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Rage Against The Machine - Testify
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Kid Rock - American Badass
Tool - Aenema
Tool - Schizm
Korn - Falling Away From Me
Korn - Freak On A Leash
Godsmack - I Stand Alone
Godsmack - Voodoo
Papa Roach - Scars
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Hole - Good Sister/Bad Sister
Nirvana - Rape Me
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box

Peace Train, Your Fav also looking perfect with variety of tracks, just completed your list and more than 50% of your is my fav already(Sailing in same Boat) and other few were of good varieties.. great choice of yours..thanks for posting

Hmmm my fav desi band would be chennai'very own MOKSHA!(R.I.P leon ireland) with christy being my fav desi lead guitarist!guess he even used to play for ar.rehman! The band I believe was voted one of the best iron maiden cover bands and maiden themselvs dedicated a track to late leon(frontman moksha) during their concert in bangaluru!
Other than moksha I used to like no idea(chennai) and a band called Killer tomato!which first appeared durin the initial G.I.R days...Thanks to Rock Street Journal-the one & only rock magazine in india!(love the initial RSJ days-non commercial and pure headbangers magazine) for quenching my rock thirst when I could never grab/afford an Kerrang during my school days!

My fav top rock continues
Dio-and all the fools sailed away,don't talk to stranger,rainbow in the dark
Deep purple-hush,speed king,woman from tokyo
White snake-
marilyn manson-tainted love
Scorpions-he's a woman she's a man,virgin killer,rubber ****er,alien nation,bad boys running wild

My fav top rock continues
Dio-and all the fools sailed away,don't talk to stranger,rainbow in the dark
Deep purple-hush,speed king,woman from tokyo
White snake-
marilyn manson-tainted love
Scorpions-he's a woman she's a man,virgin killer,rubber ****er,alien nation,bad boys running wild
Am in the row and noted down the list to listen& Enjoy:clapping:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back