I love these albums too

Agni Pariksha
Aakhri Badla
Naukri
Mausam
Sangat
Jeevan Jyoti
Minoo

I would also like to 2 more albums to the list.

Poonam Ki Raat (1965): This was a thriller film from 1965 and had an EP release only initially. Many years later this album got released by HMV under HFLP as a 2 movie LP of Baat Ek Raat Ki / Poonam Ki Raat.

This movie has one of the most famous and fantastic (typical horror movie style) haunting melodies of Lata Mangeshkar in Saathi Re.

@prem ..I think sometimes, we should try to make a Top 10 or 20 haunting songs from horror or thriller movies of Bollywood. You will be surprised to see lot of gems from rare movie. :)

Dil Ka Sathi Dil (1982): This is also a very good album from the great Salilda with several songs sung by Yesu Das. This movie is the Hindi dubbed version of the original Malayalam Film 'Madanolsavam' from 1978 starring Kamal Hasan and Zarina Wahab. This album was released in LP by MIL in 1981.
1711541744370.png

Hector2013, the Saathi Re song is amazing. Its there in the album Haunting Melodies of Lata. There are 12 amazing tracks. Those 12 tracks could easily be the starting point for the top haunting songs. There is a live version of Saathi Re in the Lata with Wren Orchestra single lp album.

I have never heard the other soundtrack Dil Ka Saathi Dil. Will listen to it.

Thanks for sharing.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back