toshiba 65u7980 FALD tv with 700 Nits brightness for 66000 is this real?

Rane-2020

its on for preorder on reliance https://www.reliancedigital.in/tosh...k-led-smart-tv-u79-series-65u7980/p/491893304

the specs are more than decent especially for the price.I have not seen any info on the forum about this tv.Can someone share more info.A friend of mine wants to buy this.

Update:I just checked toshiba India website.they have one more model with quantum dots and 1000 nits and soundbar which is also coming soon.https://toshibatv-in.com/65-ultimate-4k-quantum-dot-tv/ even if toshiba launch it for 1lac.this will be a very good tv.if it performs according its specs

Last edited:
check out this model . This is equivalent to hisense H9G!!! Only android OS is missing..
1000nits, 120ghz ,qled, full local array

Last edited:
check out this model . This is equivalent to hisense H9G!!! Only android OS is missing..
that's what I mentioned in update

Confused company.discription FHD and tital 4k tv....
I think compony owner is hisence.

With all the features like 2 USB, 4 HDMI, digital connections etc.
Thread subscribed for updates.

I did not see FHD in description.

Confused company.discription FHD and tital 4k tv....
I think compony owner is hisence.
Yes. HiSense bought Toshiba TV business few years back and they were planning to bring Toshiba TVs here after the HiSense launch.

One thing I have noticed is that Toshiba's U5050 series looks very similar to HiSense A71F series. So there is a possibility that U5050 is a rebranded HiSense A71F with some minor changes such as VIDAA os, less RAM/storage and a different remote.

That's wow. Wish they launched 50inch.
And I would return my Hisense
55 inch model is there if you're interested. Looks like newly launched Toshiba TV models are Reliance Digital exclusives.

55 inch model is there if you're interested. Looks like newly launched Toshiba TV models are Reliance Digital exclusives.

Too big for my use. Yes look like exclusive to RD

Pricing looks great. Hoping someone can do a spec comparison with Hisense model.
With reasonable quality and service expectations I'll be happy to take plunge.

Folks / FMs, what's the verdict? Is this best we can get for 70K?
With moderate expectations is it good idea to get this one use it for a few year and may be 3-4 years down the line upgrade to an OLED rather than spending 1.5+ on 9500g/h or C9/CX today.

Folks / FMs, what's the verdict? Is this best we can get for 70K?
With moderate expectations is it good idea to get this one use it for a few year and may be 3-4 years down the line upgrade to an OLED rather than spending 1.5+ on 9500g/h or C9/CX today.
There's a 23 page review thread for this TV here:

I have the 55" version and yes, the panel is excellent. You can check further reviews on the thread. Also, the OS is basically unusable, worse than you expect. So you'll definitely need a firestick 4k.

There's a 23 page review thread for this TV here:

I have the 55" version and yes, the panel is excellent. You can check further reviews on the thread. Also, the OS is basically unusable, worse than you expect. So you'll definitely need a firestick 4k.
Haha yeah I am reading that thread daily. :)
Trying to find someone in the same boat as me and as much confused as me. I do have budget for CX but not very particular about black/white viewing angle, 120hz etc.
Planning to upgrade from 10 yr old 32 Panasonic to some good 65. Just don't want to get disappointed with my purchase and be forced to buy another tv in 2 year so reliability probably is a more important factor for me than rest of the stuff. If I start truly enjoying TV viewing, can think of buying a high end tv or a projector later but don't want to spend too much now if I can avoid.

Haha yeah I am reading that thread daily. :)
Trying to find someone in the same boat as me and as much confused as me. I do have budget for CX but not very particular about black/white viewing angle, 120hz etc.
Planning to upgrade from 10 yr old 32 Panasonic to some good 65. Just don't want to get disappointed with my purchase and be forced to buy another tv in 2 year so reliability probably is a more important factor for me than rest of the stuff. If I start truly enjoying TV viewing, can think of buying a high end tv or a projector later but don't want to spend too much now if I can avoid.
I was in a similar boat. I was going to buy a CX 48" this year for combo monitor/TV duty. Unfortunately, it didn't release in India and I don't want to go to stores and negotiate during COVID for the 55/65". The online rates are at least 30-40k higher so there's no chance I'm buying there.

Panel lifespan is always a gamble. If you don't see any issues in the first 3 months, it will likely last a long time. I got 4 years warranty on this thing and am fairly happy. Hopefully I won't need Toshiba's customer care at all.

Will definitely get an OLED in next couple of years for personal use, unless QD OLED and high end mini LED is the real deal and cheaper.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back