TOSLink Connector on DVD89

psychotropic

This is a query for a friend of mine. He has a Cambridge Audio DVD89 DVD player and an Onkyo 304 receiver. He also has a TOSLink optical cable. THe problem is that while the Onkyo appears to have a normal (female) TOSLink connector, the DVD89 appears (to our untrained and unfamiliar eyes) to have what looks like a male TOSLink connector at the back. Instead of it being a hole/receptacle, it juts out, and resembles to some extent the connector at the end of the optical cable that we have. THerefore we can't seem to connect the damn things. Does anyone have any ideas. Is what we think is a "male connector" some kind of cap that needs to be removed?

This is a query for a friend of mine. He has a Cambridge Audio DVD89 DVD player and an Onkyo 304 receiver. He also has a TOSLink optical cable. THe problem is that while the Onkyo appears to have a normal (female) TOSLink connector, the DVD89 appears (to our untrained and unfamiliar eyes) to have what looks like a male TOSLink connector at the back. Instead of it being a hole/receptacle, it juts out, and resembles to some extent the connector at the end of the optical cable that we have. THerefore we can't seem to connect the damn things. Does anyone have any ideas. Is what we think is a "male connector" some kind of cap that needs to be removed?

:licklips: i think it the black cap needs to be removed.Some optical outputs have a sort of a cap that needs to be fitted it when not in use while others like your onkyo receiver have a sort of a plastic plate that shuts down when the cable is removed.

Every toslink connection has a covering to prevent the dust from entering. Just pull the plug out and put in the other end of the toslink cable aligned correctly.

There is no male/female ends to toslink that connects AVR components - its male at both ends.

Hi ,

I have a DV99. Please check it would be the cap for the optical input. Please remove it and insert the cable. And also make sure you keep the cap safely :) ... unlike many DVD players the cap is not attached by a cord or anything and it is so small it can get lost easily :eek:hyeah: ..i lost mine

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back