Tourism With A Twist

ajay124

Beyond the synthetic reality of package tourism,shopping trips and 'sight seeing' holiday's in New York,Paris,London,Singapore,Bangkok...
it is possible to treat tourism as an exploration.Having travelled a bit and visited a few places here and there...
I have no further interest in visiting any of the great cities of the world (barring St.Petersberg).
Much better to explore the 'cradle' which creation has gifted to us and in which we briefly rock.
Holiday ideas for the adventurous.Check out the 15 'tourist spots' :)
Hell on Earth: tourists visit the Danakil Desert in the Afar region of Ethiopia - Telegraph

Last edited:
The most incredible holiday I have ever had in India,better than most holidays 'abroad' was in Ladakh.Short,direct,spectacular flight from Delhi.And for those with a little more adventure in their blood by road from Manali over the Rohtang Pass.
Spent a week,covering Leh,Lamayuru and a few other monasteries,Pangong Lake and Nubra Valley-crossing over the Khardung La Pass,the highest motorable road in the world at close to 18000 feet.
Intend to visit Zanskar,Tso Moriri,Kargil,Drass sometimes in the future...
Ladakh,Leh,Leh Ladakh,Ladakh Tourism,Ladakh Travel,Adventure Travel India,Adventure Tours to India,Adventure Travel Company in India,Ladakh Adventure Tour
YouTube - Kashmir/Tibet Pangong Tso Lake at 5000 meters
YouTube - KHARDUNG LA-HIGHEST MOTORABLE ROAD OF WORLD--srv

For now, I am quite happy travelling on my motorcycle!
I have a trip coming up next month and am super excited for it :)
For those interested, here is a rough plan for the 24 day adventure:
delhi-nepal-sikkim-bhutan-sikkim-kolkata-bhubaneshwar-vizag-goa-humpi-b'lore

Nice! On the T bird?

Yup on the tbird.

We have quite a few bulleteers on this forum, I would love to meetup with fellow HFVians who would be present at Rider Mania 2011.

Anyone visiting RM, please PM me so we can decide on partying!

I'm very impressed!Good luck on your adventure.The Nepal,Sikkim,Bhutan stretches should be magnificient.I don't know what route you will be following but what I remember from my holiday is the journey from Pelling to Yuksom in West Sikkim and the road from Phuntsoling to Paro in Bhutan.Paradise!Also I believe Yumthang,north Sikkim is stunning,but the roads would probably be closed at this time.Try and post a blow by blow account with pictures when you hit the trail:)

Hey Guys
Been inactive on the forum for some time now.
finally got my bike ready yday. I am scheduled to start my trip this Friday. I return to Delhi on 6th Feb.

Wish me good luck :)

All the very best Jitu. I feel nostalgic, used to be a staunch biker. After I sold my RD, my biking days have gone for a toss. With the newly acquired backache:p, not sure whether the happy days would come back.:sad:

OH !! Brother , you had a RD .. LT or HT?
Change your HH Splendour and your backache goes and biking days will come.:)

OH !! Brother , you had a RD .. LT or HT?
Change your HH Splendour and your backache goes and biking days will come.:)

I had a 1992 LT. Sold it 2 years back.

Bought HH as a stop gap arrangement in 2003 till the launch of Honda 250 twin. Alas, they disappointed by shelving it and launching Unicorn. Music took over from biking from then on and I'm loving it.:)

All the very best Jitu. I feel nostalgic, used to be a staunch biker. After I sold my RD, my biking days have gone for a toss. With the newly acquired backache:p, not sure whether the happy days would come back.:sad:

Thanks Captain :)
RD is superb! believe it or not, my friend recently found a godown'd rd and got it 2010 registered! How wicked is that !!

Thanks Captain :)
RD is superb! believe it or not, my friend recently found a godown'd rd and got it 2010 registered! How wicked is that !!

Jitubisht
Just wondering how your trip is progressing!!
Reminds me of my trip in '94. Travelled Bangalore>Maharastra>Gujarat>Rajastan>Delhi>Bangalore for 28 days. Those were the day!!!I had Yezdi Roadking. Miss my bike :sad:
A world trip similar to the one by Ewan Mcgregor & Charlie Boorman(Long way Down /Long way Round) wud be nice.
Not sure when I will get my next rig! :)

From Chennai to Khardung La.... and beyond on a Bajaj M80! I have been to Chennai. I have been to Khardung La. And I have been in between. But I could never imagine doing it on a two wheeler. Truly a Rider On The Storm.

Beyond the Khardung La pass, considered to be the world's highest motorable road, lies the Nubra valley which along with the Yumthang valley in Sikkim, is among the the most gloriously scenic regions in our land. Places every Indian should visit at least once in his/her lifetime. I have been to Nubra but missed out on Yumthang because getting an inner line permit would have meant spending a couple of days in Gangtok. We decided to visit Pelling and Yuksom in West Sikkim instead. The drive from Pelling to Yuksom was exhilarating and beautiful.

The Hindu : Life & Style / Motoring : Rider on the storm

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back