Tower Speaker LR Suggestion

Silentpro

Hello ,
I want to upgrade Towers (RL) , which i will be using 90% for Surround Movies and 10% for Music ...
I Like Punchy Bass , detailed overall sound clarity ..

How do u guys feel about :
TAGA 606 v3 ?

Can i Buy this ?? anyone here using it ...? how s overall sound effects ?
My Budget is around 15-17k

I think there are many here who are using Taga speakers.
But tell us about the room (living room, bedroom, etc. Room dimensions) and your current speakers.
That will get you more appropriate suggestions.

I think there are many here who are using Taga speakers.
But tell us about the room (living room, bedroom, etc. Room dimensions) and your current speakers.
That will get you more appropriate suggestions.
Living hall .
Dimensions about 20×22
Current speakers - klipsch quintet ii 5.0
Sub woofer- velodyne impact mk 12inch

Hello ,
I want to upgrade Towers (RL) , which i will be using 90% for Surround Movies and 10% for Music ...
I Like Punchy Bass , detailed overall sound clarity ..

How do u guys feel about :
TAGA 606 v3 ?

Can i Buy this ?? anyone here using it ...? how s overall sound effects ?
My Budget is around 15-17k
Check the link below /Post your queries in Taga owners thread to have more visibility.
Atb

I was using Taga 606v3 with Taga TSW-212 SE subwoofer before upgrading to Q Acoustics 3050i package recently.

They offer good value for the price, but I feel they are discounted. Almost no dealers have them.

Check out my ownership review of speakers and my journey here.

I was using Taga 606v3 with Taga TSW-212 SE subwoofer before upgrading to Q Acoustics 3050i package recently.

They offer good value for the price, but I feel they are discounted. Almost no dealers have them.

Check out my ownership review of speakers and my journey here.

thought of buying them in used ones ... How was the Bass from 606v3 ? Punchy bass or Normal ?

Why would you want tower speakers if 90% it will be movies? Crossovers would be around 80hz which will make the subwoofer play and get the bass. The lower frequencies will never be played by the tower speakers.
You can get bookshelves and a good subwoofer. They will sound almost identical.

Would suggest do a slight study on What are Floorstanding or bookshelves speakers, which one to use when.

Purchasing the Floorstanding speakers and using them for movies don't do justice to them at all. You will never utilize the full potential.

thought of buying them in used ones ... How was the Bass from 606v3 ? Punchy bass or Normal ?

They don't have punchy bass, but enough bass. Punchy bass will be provided by a good subwoofer.

Why would you want tower speakers if 90% it will be movies? Crossovers would be around 80hz which will make the subwoofer play and get the bass. The lower frequencies will never be played by the tower speakers.

Would suggest do a slight study on What are Floorstanding or bookshelves speakers, which one to use when.

Purchasing the Floorstanding speakers and using them for movies don't do justice to them at all. You will never utilize the full potential.

They don't have punchy bass, but enough bass. Punchy bass will be provided by a good subwoofer.
I mean we listen to 5.1 video songs a lot ... so I hope satellite of klipsch are not delivering the best music from 5.1 songs ... so im trying to upgrade to towers

5.1 music ideally needs towers for surrounds as well. At least the same speakers, towers or bookshelves, all around.
Do that if you can.
Merely changing the fronts may not get you what you are looking for.
I would suggest looking at bookshelves all around with matching centre.
Get five of the same bookshelves if you can. Usually not available like that, though.
I have heard 5.1 music in Bose. It sounds very good. But that would be expensive.

I mean we listen to 5.1 video songs a lot ... so I hope satellite of klipsch are not delivering the best music from 5.1 songs ... so im trying to upgrade to towers
5.1 video songs from movies will still be encoded such that center channel and sub woofer deliver most of the sound. Unless an artist/engineer records and remasters specifically for multi-channel audio only, this music will be presented same as a movie soundtrack.

In the case of your room/rig, the room can definitely host towers; not sure about the AVR though.
Like a few FMs have suggested above, in your budget range (<20K for a pair) a pair of stand-mounts/BS speakers maybe a better bet as compared to towers.

As for not being satisfied with the Klipsches, that's a personal taste.
Some folks love what they can do, some don't. Maybe you have outgrown them.

Make a trip to Bengaluru (preferably with your AVR), hear out some budget speakers at local dealers and then decide what may suit your listening preferences

Cheers,
Raghu

5.1 video songs from movies will still be encoded such that center channel and sub woofer deliver most of the sound. Unless an artist/engineer records and remasters specifically for multi-channel audio only, this music will be presented same as a movie soundtrack.

In the case of your room/rig, the room can definitely host towers; not sure about the AVR though.
Like a few FMs have suggested above, in your budget range (<20K for a pair) a pair of stand-mounts/BS speakers maybe a better bet as compared to towers.

As for not being satisfied with the Klipsches, that's a personal taste.
Some folks love what they can do, some don't. Maybe you have outgrown them.

Make a trip to Bengaluru (preferably with your AVR), hear out some budget speakers at local dealers and then decide what may suit your listening preferences

Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks for detailed information bro

Yes, @raghupb would be right here. What I said earlier would apply to multichannel audio.
5.1 video will probably be encoded like movies.
In which case, I would go with four bookshelves and matching centre.
And there is nothing like listening for yourself before buying :) .

Hi @amrutmhatre90 Did you notice any perceivable difference in sound for movies (5.0) when you made the transition from Taga to QAcoustics. Just trying to ascertain whether Taga packages are good enough for me.

Hi @amrutmhatre90 Did you notice any perceivable difference in sound for movies (5.0) when you made the transition from Taga to QAcoustics. Just trying to ascertain whether Taga packages are good enough for me.

Yes, definitely noticed a difference. Taga's are slightly brighter than Q Acoustics. Mids are better on Q Acoustics too. Center and surrounds made major difference.
The frequency response I got from Q Acoustics in my room was much better than Taga.
But that said Taga's are good value speakers, I enjoyed every bit of them when I had. Even when I had no subwoofer I was enjoying the bass out of them.
But do audition them if possible, also there are tons of videos on Youtube. You can check them out.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back