Tracks to test your subwoofer

sash

The two recent songs that have exposed slow subwoofers -
1. Dil tu hi bata from Krrish3
2. Gandi baat from R..Rajkumar
All the polk subwoofer's failed to keep up with the fast mid-bass. Ditto with my Klipsch. I was stunned when i heard the same songs with a Focal SW700 - not a hint of muddiness, no overhang just tight punchy bass, even though the sub was a ported one.
Any other songs you recommend to test the "speed" of a sub?

Also try Manali Trance which should test the Subs quite well too.
Dil Tu Hi Bata for sure will pull the subs to its potential.
I have Paradigm CT100 with Cinema Sub, and all 3 songs played to its potential.

I am guessing you have all proper setting on your AV :)

R-4741521-1411629128-9406.jpeg.jpg

There are two things that I always say about subwoofers.

1. Presence of subwoofer(s) should not be felt but its absence should stick out.
2. Mid-bass is what most people hear and talk of. If you want to test a subwoofer, choose a track without any drum beats.

My recommendations for testing subs -
Good recordings of Organ Music
Classical piano works with close miking and low notes.
Some artefacts in popular recordings like airconditioner rumble, footsteps on wooden boards etc also show good subwoofer performance.

You may test with Eric Clapton - Unplugged digital rip. Very good quality "Yeracito" master series vinyl rips are available in torrent.

You could clearly hear Clapton's stomping feet especially in the song "Before you accuse me'. I also use a passive sub and enjoy the Bollywood oldies.

Regards,
Sourav

Music sounds better with you - Stardust (12 inch Extended Mix)

Try this track and ull know the capabilities of your sub woofer.

i Just like to check on the Question again :)
To test percussion or Acoustic ?

If you ask me there is lot of difference between both- Bass Guitar\Cello Bass is different from the Drum or Pads etc.

Thundershock of AC\DC ,Iron man -Black Sabbath,just comes to my mid.

Any Trance Music would shake the room with High Bass,I could see few Pitbull's tracks have good Bass.

To test the Sub for Music- Try some Helicopter rumbling

i was interested in testing how the sub copes with fast midbass. Beats that hit you in the chest but should not linger - should die down immediately. This is what some people describe as "fast sub" and crisp bass. The Focal Chorus sub i tested these two tracks were ported but still was simply awesome - the beats were precise, hit hard but never lingered (so no muddiness). I tested these tracks on Polk and Klipsch subs but found they struggled to keep up - there was a feeling of muddiness and the beats did not end crisply. More such track suggestions would help because i now know what kind of bass i like.

Bela Fleck, numbers with bassist Victor Wootten has some great stuff-Stomping Grounds is one that I use to test bass. Organ music, Stevie Wonder's Superstition, and of course our own AR Rehman, especially Bombay sound track.

depends on the type of bass that you are looking for, tyga bass tronics provided you with synthbass which is mostly used as lfe tracks in a movie, these will go really low even as low as 20 hz in some cases

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back