Treatment for termites

Sid,

Having experienced this big time... (the whole kitchen had to to be taken down), a termite infestation in your home can be a stressful experience.
Treating to prevent termites is typically less error prone for the average homeowner than treating an active infestation.
For an active infestation, the best way to get rid of termites is always to contact a pest control professional.

Below are just a few of the reasons:
  • Do-it-yourself termite treatments are mostly ineffective and will not prevent termites from re-infesting your premises.
  • Termites are highly secretive creatures that are difficult to identify without specialized training.
  • A properly trained pest control professional will ensure that the termite treatments are applied in the safest manner possible.
Hope you will find a quick solution.

Like "Hydrovac" says, get the premises professionally treated immediately. The DIY sprays work but at the surface level - they will come out again and again. Please do not delay, because before you know it, you'll have a full blown infestation on your hands!

@sidvee
Engage the professionals; they know how to destroy the nest.
Today it will be cardboard boxes, tomorrow it will be MDF and plywood.
Cheers,
Raghu

Hi Sid

As @hydrovac said, for active infestation pls contact a professional pest control. OTC chemicals will only be a stop gap arrangement. If you see some termites means that there may be a lot that is hidden.

The treatment is two pronged. First kill the active termites and then preventive treatment so that it does not strike again.
However, preventive treatment would have to be repeated after a certain period of time.

If your house is at groundfloor, the treatment would involve drilling in the floor to put in anti termite chemicals.

Also, all wooden furniture that is stacked against any walls would have to be moved atleast one inch forward and the back area wiped once a week so that the termites do not infect them.

Regards.

I usually buy pesticide specifically for termides at garden shop. You could go and check with them offline. I spray it my garden and pots regularly as that could be a source of termites getting in the house.
But it's best to hire a professional if you have active infestation. I had to get rid of some doors and frames and decorations due to infestation. They have to be killed by drilling little holes and pushing medicine into the wood by syringes.

Dear @sidvee. Take this from me. I live in Goa, and so for I have lost all my so called termite proof plywood, furniture’s, piano and they did not even spare my 200 years old forefathers wooden frames. I tried DIY chemicals, but they resurface again. So I am just tired mentally.
it is better late than never. You must invest in the best licence pest control guy from your town as they are well versed with their job
bye and do tell us how you have followed up.

@sidvee you can try Pestoman (‪+91 97050 41508‬). They are Bayer certified and use Bayer products. In general most pest control agencies do a good job with termite treatment. I did have someone treat my office space after trying otc sprays. They were back with vengeance a couple of years later. Got it treated yet again and all’s been well post that over 5 years now. Incidentally, the office space is on the 7th floor!

Thanks everyone. I will plan on getting professional treatment. Actually it was done 10 years ago (My house is about 17-18 years old), so maybe I have to repeat it.
Cheers,
Sid

You should try a product named 'PREMISE' manufactured by Bayer. It is the best avsilable treatment for termites. I am treating my house by this annually for last 8 years. In my house no pest including ants or silverfish or even cockroaches ever show up. It is odourless.

Amazone India Link for Premise:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back