[TRICK] Play Region Locked BluRay on Panasonic BluRay Player

IF you dont want the headache of hacking this player to make it region Free, then go for the Toshiba All Region Unlocked version BluRay Player.

I dont remember the model number, but I will try to recollect and send the link then.

region 2 disc Robocop. When i press stop button error message shows always.
but when i am trying to play THE EXPANDABLE Region 2 disc no error message showing nothing happen.My firmware ver 1.49

When you see the message, "This disc will only play on bla bla bla"

Click on STOP or HOME and let the blue screen come.

I dont have any more DVDs. I sold them all.
That's good for you!!

I have 212 titles and 312 discs (DVDs only) as can be seen my DVD links. Some 8 or 9 Hindi titles are missing in the list that are not present in the database. I can't sell my DVD collection as it is worth a fortune and if I did, I will not get 5% of the amount invested. Neither can I afford to convert these to BDs.

So NTSC and PAL is extremely important to me. Of course, this requirement can be met by a separate DVD player.

Superb...

Will try it soon... I am just finalising my system....

BTW, any suggestions on a Blu Ray player? I have no budget in mind..

Ash

As most of the forum members, including me have bought the discussed Panasonic BDT220, you can go for the same. Its a great player with very good video quality.

IF you dont want the headache of hacking this player to make it region Free, then go for the Toshiba All Region Unlocked version BluRay Player.

I dont remember the model number, but I will try to recollect and send the link then.

Toshiba models BDX1100, BDX 1200, BDX3200(3D) are the only ones with free hack, balance are yet to be hacked for region free AFAIK.. BDX3200 is mostly not available, and wherever available are being sold at a huge premium.. so not worth. Better to go for BDT220, if someone is looking for region free possibility.

As most of the forum members, including me have bought the discussed Panasonic BDT220, you can go for the same. Its a great player with very good video quality.

Its a great player no doubt , but Im sure, 98% of users would give up trying to get the enhanced firmware from that damn stubborn team behind that forum. :mad::mad::mad:

Its a great player no doubt , but Im sure, 98% of users would give up trying to get the enhanced firmware from that damn stubborn team behind that forum. :mad::mad::mad:
I humbly disagree. I admit that there are hassles. At least three/four people (out of 5/6) here have managed to get make the player region free. That is not a bad conversion ratio.

The problem is that the guy providing the firmware update is very particular on people requesting the firmware. He has low tolerance on people making mistakes, people not completing the transaction quickly, etc.

He is also careful to avoid legal entanglements. One mistake I think you did was to register with an email id that points to your legal entity. This may have turned the guy off thinking that you intend to make some commercial profit out of his efforts.

Just speculating. :) Once again, I am glad that you don't require the RF firmware but I am sure that I do. :)

Yeah, but they should have kept it simple.

Register > PM > Payment > Send Download Link

Trying to evaluate from one's email is vague, since there are a lot of people who only have an official email in their whole lifetime.

I had everything ready to pay and get it , but they just deleted the account twice without even notifying the mistake, Im doing. Bad.

Yeah, but they should have kept it simple.

Register > PM > Payment > Send Download Link

Trying to evaluate from one's email is vague, since there are a lot of people who only have an official email in their whole lifetime.

I had everything ready to pay and get it , but they just deleted the account twice without even notifying the mistake, Im doing. Bad.
I am not justifying the other party. :)

Finally working.:yahoo: soamz trick depends on disc which you are playing.If the disc prohibited using of STOP key that trick not work.I have three Region B bluray disc 1.Robocop, 2. The Expandable, 3.The Artist. The trick not working on first two disc but working normal on third.Thanks soamz for sharing.:) Now time for prepare a list of movie which are compatible with this trick.

1. Robocop B - Not Working
2. The Expandable B - Not Working
3. The Artist B - Working

I got 3 region B discs yesterday and the RAID Redemption went the same way.

I restarted the player and tried the same 3 times and it worked. :D

Finally working.:yahoo: soamz trick depends on disc which you are playing.If the disc prohibited using of STOP key that trick not work.I have three Region B bluray disc 1.Robocop, 2. The Expandable, 3.The Artist. The trick not working on first two disc but working normal on third.Thanks soamz for sharing.:) Now time for prepare a list of movie which are compatible with this trick.

1. Robocop B - Not Working
2. The Expandable B - Not Working
3. The Artist B - Working

Al right, I will order RoboCop and Expendables and try them.

BD PUO or Prevented User Operation is enabled on many disks. One of the advantages of the RF firmware is that on 99% of the disks, the PUO is disabled, meaning, one can do many things such as jumping directly to movie and skipping introductory videos, promotions, trailers, enabling from turning off subtitles, enabling from pausing video, etc.

RF Firmware also allows enabling (and disabling):

- PAL system support
- DVD UOP (User operation prevention) - same of BD PUO
- enhanced audio (Digital tube sound simulations)
- High Clarity Sound that allows for crisp, clear sound recreation from digital sound signal by eliminating unwanted noise by turning off the the analog video signal output
- Multichannel audio reformatting which allows you to output 7.1 channels of sound over analog or PCM digital (HDMI), for titles that have 6.1 channels or less.

I too confirm that this trick works. As stated earlier:

a) When "Region Code Error" pops up, press STOP
b) BDP will go to the (light) blue screen mode
c) Press '1' and 'OK'. The '1' and 'OK' must be pressed near instantaneously.

However, there are some limitations (I am still testing):

a) Because in my case, I have applied the RF firmware, the PUO is disabled, i.e., I can press STOP during menus and messages.
b) When playing Hugo 3D, I am not able to switch to 3D.
c) Does not always work. Did not work with Reservoir Dogs BD even after blue screen display. Tried at least 25 times.

But nevertheless this is a good trick. 80~90% BDs are region free and out of the balance 10~20%, even if 10~15% are playable this way, you may live with the problem. Afterall, I survived with a region locked player (my Sony) for over 3 years. There are a few including soamz who messed up while trying to get the RF firmware. I say to all of them, nothing is lost:

- Order BDs that are confirmed to be region free and you will be safe
- As I said above, if you stick to buying/sourcing from USA, you will be safer
- Buy another player from UK/Europe/UAE (basically Region B) and you will be safest (Region C does not really matter)

Yeah. All works for me. I have ordered a 3D BluRay region locked one this week. Will test and post results next week.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back