true 75ohms RCA connector suggestion

true 75ohms RCA connector suggestion, and if anyone using that or availability.
Absolutely None as far as I know (best I got was 50ohm)!
Going BNC way is better. After searching a lot I picked up Belden Bnc to Bnc cable (With Neutrik BNC Termination) for Connecting Allo Digione Signature Streamer and Qutest DAC.

@magma might be the correct person to answer this.

Reason I am asking ..... MOST SPDIF 75 Ohm inputs will :

a. Have a Twisted pair of wires (Not 75 Ohms) from the SPDIF Input

b. Soldered onto the PCB with no care regarding 75 Ohm impedance on the PCB

Which 75 Ohm cable do you plan to procure use?

Further, do note that the RCA Female on the Chassis of the DAC & Computer is NOT 75 Ohms.
Infact, the general RCA Male and Female connectors Do Not Have any well specified impedance (closer to 25 Ohms!) ..... and whatever the impedance, it is NOT 75 ohms.

To my knowledge, amongst the more easily available RCA connectors, as Kannan has mentioned "The closest in the Canare RCap."

rsjaurr
has also pointed to the WBT -0110 Male connectors.

If you are interested, I could elaborate on why RCA is NOT 75 Ohms ....

Last edited:
If you are interested, I could elaborate on why RCA is NOT 75 Ohms ....
Please elaborate for the benefit of all who are interested.

Few thoughts:
I see lots of people who are hellbent on getting a "true" 75 Ohms RCA connector for their digital coax connections. One can perhaps maintain the specific spatial separation between the core and shield leads when using RCA male connectors for cables without a gap in the shield, BUT how does one continue maintaining that for the RCA female socket to a circuit board? As you said most audio circuit boards simply use a twisted pair for terminating coax SPDIF connections. I've seen some telecom circuit boards actually use a length of 50 Ohm coax cable (with appropriate SM-A connectors) in the IF and RF sections as jumper between two points in a circuit board. 75 Ohm cables and connectors are typically used in the baseband.

Further, assuming that one can get a true 75 Ohms chain, what would be the benefits/gains in terms of clock integrity and signal strength?

FWIW, my DIY IC with Belden wire and Canare RCap connectors holds against and even beats most popular ICs up to $300-400-500. Not sure why, or what's the magic ingredient.

jls001, I agree with EVERYTHING that you have stated.

I also completely agree that BNC to RCA Converters at both ends would be the best Practical solution. The last Half inch where perfect symmetry is not maintained, is practically inconsequential and yet will provide a better solution than even a 75 Ohm BNC connector that is incorrectly soldered...

I have an Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP CD Player ( US$ 7,500 MRP when available). Its a Serious piece of equipment, and offers SPDIF as well as AES/EBU Digital outputs. The SPDIF is on an RCA female connector.

Pictures of the CD Player are indicated below.

Do observe the twisted unshielded cable for the SPDIF Digital wiring (Orange arrow) !

phoca_thumb_l_emc-1up-0b-electrocompaniet.jpgemc-1up-1-electrocompaniet.jpg

BNC-BNC cable with BNC to RCA converter bullet at both ends solves your problem.
These are the BNC to RCA converters that JLS has recommended & I whole heartedly support the suggestion.

41tEWqqLsRL.jpg

Note how well the concentricity is maintained, in the BNC to RCA convertors, compared to the widely available (&used) BNC Screw type Connectors (of indeterminate impedance) shown below

bnc-plug-gp-tag-500x500.jpg BNC-Male-STB-Adapter-500x500.jpg

Thanks for all suggestions, I have both RCA and AES input in my DAC and and I found AES better than RCA and ordered DH Labs D110 AES wire. Will share feedback soon.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back