TS+HD - Bug reports and Feature requests thread

prankey

What would you like to be implemented on the next firmware release? Lets be practical enough so our requests could be incorporated on the next release successfully.

Here's mine:

1. Better sorting of recordings like "alphabetically", file size, circular scrolling, we should reach the end of the list from top and visa versa. Also, at times while in the recordings list, the UI somehow randomly moves to the top of the list which is very irritating (this should definitely get fixed in the next released).

2. Better deinterlacing and upscaling. Option to disabling "deblocking" during upscaling.

3. Option to set the size of the VOD/TVoD partition

4. Arbitration of channel numbers like when I press 120, it should take me to the nearest match instead of DUMBLY telling that the channel do not exist

5. Better and More Accurate EPG as we usually do not see programs beyond 3 days when the interface do support more number of days

6. Accurate start and stop times of recordings which is quite random even after the recent upgrade

7. Decrypt key for each channel should be CACHED locally so the STB do not download it each time we see a recording. This hampers our ability to see recordings when our subscription has changed or expired. Such limitation should not apply and we should see this as a bug on the STB as we recorded that content after paying for it.

8. Hiding channels selectively (like the ones you are not subscribed to)

9. DD/DD+ should work for HDMI output. This is a top priority FIX needed without which TS looks like SCAMMING the customers by telling that TS+HD is DD+ capable! Donno how TS chose to launch the box without implementing DD passthrough through HDMI

In addition to this, if possible, I would like TS to implement this:

1. Editing of video by truncating start/stop times. Splitting to 2, deleting parts (like Ads) in between

2. Using USB as ADDITIONAL storage for recordings just like the internal HDD (we anyway could not decrypt without a valid key, so it will remain virtually copy protected). They could also implement this feature to backup or archive recordings to another media like external HDD, DVDs.

3. Option to create custom named favorite groups with unlimited channels in it.

Last edited:
My Wishlist

1. Disappearance of the TS logo (This in turn will earn them more customers with more and more people recommending this product to others. This is basically a stupid form of advertising i.e. you are advertising your logo to people who are already your customers instead of wooing new customers)

2. True aspect ratio control for SD and HD

3. Remote should be more responsive for switching channels

4. A method to scan channels in which the ones not subscribed are not displayed while switching channels

My Wishlist

1. Disappearance of the TS logo (This in turn will earn them more customers with more and more people recommending this product to others. This is basically a stupid form of advertising i.e. you are advertising your logo to people who are already your customers instead of wooing new customers)

2. True aspect ratio control for SD and HD

3. Remote should be more responsive for switching channels

4. A method to scan channels in which the ones not subscribed are not displayed while switching channels

1. This unfortunately and surprisingly has nothing to do with the STB as the logo is broadcasted from the uplinking facility. Infact they seems to be decompressing and recompressing HD channels as well to add the logo! Dish TV and several other providers (if not all) have started embedding logo from STB enabling them to share TPs or receive channels directly from TPs like from DD Direct+

2. Please expand this feature as we do have letter box feature on the STB (while I prefer using TV for control)

3. I agree on the remote as there are too many misses when pressing ANY botton. Its buttons are TOO SOFT to accurately recognize a key press. However it looks to be a hardware quality issue which may not get resolved thru firmware upgrade

4. I have added channel hiding feature request on the list, thanks for reminding

While watching HD channels with Ts HD+ , previous channel's Logo freezes, this was highlighted to TS mangement and they replaced the HD+box , but again it started , this bug isn't there with SD chanells.Also this kind of things never happend with my HD box

My wishlist:

1. Map right and left arrow keys to jump 30 seconds or 60 seconds or to a user-selectable number of seconds when playing back a recording. Easier to jump ads this way.

2. Ensure that program linkages for series are accurately programmed into the EPG for all channels. For example, VH1 Classic, which comes at 6:00 am every weekday, is not series linked, so one has to schedule recording every single day.

3. This is not an immediate fix, but I'd really like subtitles moved to an optional display mode, like closed captioning in the US, where you choose to see subtitles.

4. I'd like the ability to create new, custom, channel groups - for example, channels I watch, channels my wife watches and channels my son watches. Other STBs I've used earlier (outside India) had this feature. They also remapped the channel up and down buttons to channels within the active channel group.

While watching HD channels with Ts HD+ , previous channel's Logo freezes, this was highlighted to TS mangement and they replaced the HD+box , but again it started , this bug isn't there with SD chanells.Also this kind of things never happend with my HD box
I will try to replicate this and comment. Never observed this before.
My wishlist:

1. Map right and left arrow keys to jump 30 seconds or 60 seconds or to a user-selectable number of seconds when playing back a recording. Easier to jump ads this way.

2. Ensure that program linkages for series are accurately programmed into the EPG for all channels. For example, VH1 Classic, which comes at 6:00 am every weekday, is not series linked, so one has to schedule recording every single day.

3. This is not an immediate fix, but I'd really like subtitles moved to an optional display mode, like closed captioning in the US, where you choose to see subtitles.

4. I'd like the ability to create new, custom, channel groups - for example, channels I watch, channels my wife watches and channels my son watches. Other STBs I've used earlier (outside India) had this feature. They also remapped the channel up and down buttons to channels within the active channel group.
1. Similar functionality is already there on the rewind and forward buttons. You just have to press them several times to skip at speeds like 2x,4x,8x,16x,30x. If you press beyond 30x, it will skip 15mins.

2. Again, EPG is not a feature of STB, we have to request TS to link such episodes as a "series" for the STB to be able to schedule accordingly

3. This also needs to be implemented at their uplinking facility. Once they do it, its easy to program a key like "Yellow" (which is currently unused during regular program watching) through a simple firmware upgrade.

4. Dish TV has this option to create 7 custom named favorite groups with unlimited channels in it. Not sure if TS+HD STB can implement this feature now but will highlight this to them and try to persuade to add this feature.

TS has started showing the name of movie in Star movies HD in the top right hand corner. Would kindly request that this may be removed if possible otherwise the same may appear at regular intervals rather than appearing throughout the movie. In any case at a touch of a button you can see the name of the movie through the EPG.

Get rid of that tata sky logo from the screen. That logo is already there on the set top box and dish for everyone to see.

Better , tata sky logo should appear on the screen along with banner info only .
i.e. when we change the channel , flash that logo and give control to users to set flash timing. Marketting is done and suscriber is happy . Win - Win for both.

TS has started showing the name of movie in Star movies HD in the top right hand corner. Would kindly request that this may be removed if possible otherwise the same may appear at regular intervals rather than appearing throughout the movie. In any case at a touch of a button you can see the name of the movie through the EPG.
Get rid of that tata sky logo from the screen. That logo is already there on the set top box and dish for everyone to see.

Better , tata sky logo should appear on the screen along with banner info only .
i.e. when we change the channel , flash that logo and give control to users to set flash timing. Marketting is done and suscriber is happy . Win - Win for both.
Both these requests are for content providers and Tatasky uplinks. We should start an appropriate thread for such requests as they are not specific to TS+HD.

Logo has been discussed to be watermarked on each channels from their uplinks and not the STB (like in Dish TV).

I want, when we power on the STB/DVR, it should start from channel previously being watched, not to channel No. 100.

Tatasky Claims that HD-DVR Provides 625 hour (i.e. 37500 minutes) of recording with their 500GB harddisk.

Recently I have calculated total recording on my DVR which is 86 hour 33 minutes (i.e. 5193). When i press plan button on the remote the display shows that there is 18% harddisk space left on DVR which means that there is total space for approx 105 hour 30 min (6330 minutes) of recording possible.

Dear fellow member please check if you also have the same type of issue.
How tatasky can claim that DVR is having 625 hour of recording when real calculation on my DVR show its around 105 hour 30 min.

Please provide the feedback.

HD recording and SD recording will occupy different amounts of HDD space. The 625 hours may have been calculated if there was only SD content being recorded. There is no mention that the DVR can record 625 hours of "HD" content.

Besides some amount of the HDD space is used for Showcase VoD. I'm not sure if the time of the pre-recorded VoD material is included in the 625 hours.

Recording time is NOT an STB feature. A DVR STB just RIP the original downstream from satellite and based on the HDD capacity, stores it. Only thing we need to talk about is to CONTROL VOD/TVOD (around 150GB reserved). If we can utilize this space for DVR recordings, we can get ample space.

I would appreciate if do not push Tatasky to increase recording time as they would be HAPPY to COMPRESS the CHANNELS further. If we really want better quality of SD and HD channels we should not talk in those terms.

HD recording and SD recording will occupy different amounts of HDD space. The 625 hours may have been calculated if there was only SD content being recorded. There is no mention that the DVR can record 625 hours of "HD" content.

Besides some amount of the HDD space is used for Showcase VoD. I'm not sure if the time of the pre-recorded VoD material is included in the 625 hours.

If this is the case, than, what is the point in selling HD-DVR with 625 hour of SD recording capability. They are selling HD-DVR telling that it can record 625 hour (but SD content)...don't you think it a funny thing? Isn't it the case of misleading consumers.

If this is the case, than, what is the point in selling HD-DVR with 625 hour of SD recording capability. They are selling HD-DVR telling that it can record 625 hour (but SD content)...don't you think it a funny thing? Isn't it the case of misleading consumers.

I agree, just another marketing gimmick. Infact I was shocked to find during installation when the installation engineer suggested only 350GB will be used for recording and 150GB is reserved for VOD.

Actual recording time will always depend on the content, however we should atleast be able to utilize maximum space and extend it through USB.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back