Tube Preamplifier Upgrading

HIEND-Raja

I have Dared DL2000 tube preamplifier great sounding one, preamplifier existing input selector switch used very poor quality, if I replaced with high quality gold plated contact switch (EIZZ Rotary Audio Input Selector switch) and Alps volume control replace with 24 step Attenuators Volume Control sound will improve? picture attached below. Please give expert advises. Raj

Attachments

• ez2-338x338.jpg
    ez2-338x338.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 12
  • EIZZ 24-Steps Attenuator.jpg
    EIZZ 24-Steps Attenuator.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 11
I have Dared DL2000 tube preamplifier great sounding one, preamplifier existing input selector switch used very poor quality, if I replaced with high quality gold plated contact switch (EIZZ Rotary Audio Input Selector switch) and Alps volume control replace with 24 step Attenuators Volume Control sound will improve? picture attached below. Please give expert advises. Raj

Depends on the type of alps pot used. Alps makes pots that range from the entry level to very high end sealed devices. Whats the pot part number ? If its the “blue velvet” then dont bother as it may be a lateral move. If not then you may hear a difference. Even if you swap with EIZZ it will have to be a part with similar ratings as the one used.

What makes you think the selector switch isnt doing its job ?

Why dont you tell us whats used currently as a pot and selector switch and then lets draw a conclusion.

I don't know existing control Alps, color is blue and sealed. Attached picture of volume control. Input selector switch normal one open type there is no name, not very high quality one. I have ordered Alps control plan to replace the old one. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20210927-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210927-WA0005.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20210927-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20210927-WA0008.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210927_185831.jpg
    Screenshot_20210927_185831.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 33
I don't know existing control Alps, color is blue and sealed. Attached picture of volume control. Input selector switch normal one open type there is no name, not very high quality one. I have ordered Alps control plan to replace the old one. Thanks
Let is know how it goes.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back