Turn table repair in Bangalore

SoumyaRajagopalan

Hi friends. This is a turntable ( pictures attached ) purchased by my grandfather ,in Mumbai in the late 70s/early 80s. It says Philips-High international but I can't discern any model number. It has two speeds 33 and 45.
Unfortunately during a move from Delhi to Bangalore, it has stopped working. Please suggest where I can get it repaired in Bangalore and if it is possible to upgrade the speakers.
Looking forward to hearing from the community.

Attachments

• 20210414_235416.jpg
    20210414_235416.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210414_235426.jpg
    20210414_235426.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 53
Hi friends. This is a turntable ( pictures attached ) purchased by my grandfather ,in Mumbai in the late 70s/early 80s. It says Philips-High international but I can't discern any model number. It has two speeds 33 and 45.
Unfortunately during a move from Delhi to Bangalore, it has stopped working. Please suggest where I can get it repaired in Bangalore and if it is possible to upgrade the speakers.
Looking forward to hearing from the community.
That is very good turntable with built in Amp. The speakers are of high sensitivity and very melodious, matching with the TT output. They are made for each other. No need to upgrade the speakers, unless otherwise the speakers are faulty. You will not find such a quality speakers for that Turntable. I have same pair of speakers attached to dedicated stereo chain and Technics turntable.

That is very good turntable with built in Amp. The speakers are of high sensitivity and very melodious, matching with the TT output. They are made for each other. No need to upgrade the speakers, unless otherwise the speakers are faulty. You will not find such a quality speakers for that Turntable. I have same pair of speakers attached to dedicated stereo chain and Technics turntable.
Thank you for this. I will hold onto the speakers for sure.

I agree, I also recommend him, he is very knowledgeable
Thank you.

Please check with Johnson: 9740272710. He is an experienced, friendly and offers great service at modest charges. This is from my personal experience.
Thank you. I will contact him.

Thanks for recommending Johnson. I just added him in my contact list and turned to WhatsApp to message him. Unfortunately, I found a pic of him and he sadly seem to have passed away this May. RIP, if true!

Thanks for recommending Johnson. I just added him in my contact list and turned to WhatsApp to message him. Unfortunately, I found a pic of him and he sadly seem to have passed away this May. RIP, if true!
Yes, this is true. Unfortunately, he passed away few months back. He will be missed. We had remembered in couple of occasions.

Yes, this is true. Unfortunately, he passed away few months back. He will be missed. We had remembered in couple of occasions.
This is very sad. He seemed to be a very nice and helpful person.
Is there anyone else who could repair turntables in Bangalore? I have a used Sony automatic turntable that produces a hum when turned on. Wanted to show it to some person who could attend.

This is very sad. He seemed to be a very nice and helpful person.
Is there anyone else who could repair turntables in Bangalore? I have a used Sony automatic turntable that produces a hum when turned on. Wanted to show it to some person who could attend.
Esteemed members, any pointers please?
thanks
Lokesh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back