Turntable modification help...

mihir

I have a very old, 1980s vintage Philips turntable. Want to hook this up with my Hi Fi, but this has a 5 pin audio out for which now there seem to be no cables available. Can someone help to a) either guide me to where I can get these cables or b) help me get the audio out format changed to RCA.

Also, have a stack of 78 rpm records, and my turntable does not play them - has only 45 and 33 1/3 rpm. Is there any way I can convert the turntable to also play 78 rpms ?

You can easliy get a DIN to RCA convertor for your turntable. This will allow you to connect the turntable to your amp.

I don't think you can change the speed though.

Cheap solution - At Champion Rubber - Lamington Road

Company Name Champion Rubber Stores
Contact Person Premji Gala
Address 13, Shamrao Vithal Marg (Klin Lane), Off, Lamington Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400 007 Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA PIN-400 007
Phone no. 022-2386 8413/022-2389 8436
Fax 022-2388 4401
URL Welcome To Champion Rubber Stores!

hi,

i have an old woodstock(iirc) record player. its lying unused and gathering dust. can i use it again? i dont know a thing about these players. what can be done to get it back to working condition. where can i get the head? cartridge? (whats are those BTW?)

cheers
clip

Hi, check eBay.com for stylus.

hi,

i have an old woodstock(iirc) record player. its lying unused and gathering dust. can i use it again? i dont know a thing about these players. what can be done to get it back to working condition. where can i get the head? cartridge? (whats are those BTW?)

cheers
clip

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back