Turntable stereo imaging issue

Check the cartridge wiring. Interchange of wiring could invert phase and image can be out of phase.

changing tracking force wont change azimuth. Change Azimuth by mirror technique or hi res photo with gridlines etc. as suggested by Selvin.
Yes sir all these parameters were done, Azimuth by mirror technique perfect. Cartridge alignment by Stevenson protractor etc. There isn't a muffled sound or something like that. Its just a slight bit of a difference.. On hearing the system the sound appears separated from both speakers just as if 2 speakers are playing separately.
I feel just to put it in words with my limited knowledge is that whether there could be any electronic/ electrical related problem.

Yes sir all these parameters were done, Azimuth by mirror technique perfect. Cartridge alignment by Stevenson protractor etc. There isn't a muffled sound or something like that. Its just a slight bit of a difference.. On hearing the system the sound appears separated from both speakers just as if 2 speakers are playing separately.
I feel just to put it in words with my limited knowledge is that whether there could be any electronic/ electrical related problem.
Check anti skate setting. Incorrect setting will disturb balance. You have mentioned two problems - balance gone and imaging. The balance should be corrected first.

Check anti skate setting. Incorrect setting will disturb balance. You have mentioned two problems - balance gone and imaging. The balance should be corrected first.
Yes sir. I checked the antiskate.
I have now removed the connections to the mute switch and will try to play one more time. On vinyl engine one member had suggested that the mute switch could also give problems on this TT. I am not sure but still no harm in trying. If it is still the same I can always reconnect.

Problem Identified. Solved temporarily.:D

Dear Members,
The problem is resolved and I thought i can share my observations so that it may help some other member who may encounter this same issue.
The issue of the stereo imaging was probably related to the connection at the Mute switch or the Mute switch itself.
This is what was done yesterday:
I disconnected one of the wires going to the mute switch. The disconnected wire was wrapped with an insulation tape. On this turntable, the wires to the mute switch are connected from the same terminal where the RCA s are connected. These wires appeared to be new, hence they became the primary suspect and cause for diagnosis of this problem.
I have a feeling that these wires were connected wrong and not to their respective R or L channel. I have read on various forums that the mute switch plays no role in the chain of the circuit, but one valuable tip from a forum member on vinyl engine that i should clean the mute switch and this could be the problem, did make me think about looking at this point.
Another suggestion was to check the resistance from Tonearm to RCA tip which I did and found to be identical at all four points.
Excuse my ignorance I got a reading of 023 / 024 on all 4 points.
After the above experiment, played an LP and was thrilled..... the stereo imaging has come back.
Now I plan to reverse the connections at the mute switch as an experiment to see if this maintains the imaging. In the negative, i can live without the mute switch but not without the stereo imaging:D
I have limited knowledge about electronics and was so glad to receive help from our form members here. This really inspired me to eliminate the possibilities one by one in order to diagnose the problem and find a solution. It would not have been possible without the suggestions of members of this form as well.
I thank all members for their valuable suggestions.

Regards
Rajendra

Problem Identified. Solved temporarily.:D

Dear Members,
The problem is resolved and I thought i can share my observations so that it may help some other member who may encounter this same issue.
The issue of the stereo imaging was probably related to the connection at the Mute switch or the Mute switch itself.
This is what was done yesterday:
I disconnected one of the wires going to the mute switch. The disconnected wire was wrapped with an insulation tape. On this turntable, the wires to the mute switch are connected from the same terminal where the RCA s are connected. These wires appeared to be new, hence they became the primary suspect and cause for diagnosis of this problem.
I have a feeling that these wires were connected wrong and not to their respective R or L channel. I have read on various forums that the mute switch plays no role in the chain of the circuit, but one valuable tip from a forum member on vinyl engine that i should clean the mute switch and this could be the problem, did make me think about looking at this point.
Another suggestion was to check the resistance from Tonearm to RCA tip which I did and found to be identical at all four points.
Excuse my ignorance I got a reading of 023 / 024 on all 4 points.
After the above experiment, played an LP and was thrilled..... the stereo imaging has come back.
Now I plan to reverse the connections at the mute switch as an experiment to see if this maintains the imaging. In the negative, i can live without the mute switch but not without the stereo imaging:D
I have limited knowledge about electronics and was so glad to receive help from our form members here. This really inspired me to eliminate the possibilities one by one in order to diagnose the problem and find a solution. It would not have been possible without the suggestions of members of this form as well.
I thank all members for their valuable suggestions.

Regards
Rajendra
Its always nice to arrive to some solution. Cheers
Happy imaged listening.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back