Turntable Yamaha TT-500

Kishor

Hi Friends,

While going thru one of the shops at the Sim Lim Towers ( Singapore) I came across the Yamaha TT-500 turntable. It is in excellent condition quite clean and the old man at the shop was generous enough to play it for me. The machine has an auto return arm with up/down movements actuallky working! Cannot say how old is the machine as the old man doesnot know. The backplate provides " Made in Japan " tag which is quite surprising.

I was trying to search thru the net if I can get any info on this machine but was not fortunate enough. Nothing absolutely that can tell me the origin of this model like the year this model was introduced and views from users etc. Surprisingly even Yamaha's website doenot have any info on this model neither it provides the user manuals like for the other models.

At the price the old man was quoting ( appx equivalent INR 7,000) and the condition of the machine it looks like a good bargain. Appreciate if either of you guys can throw some light on this machine with your expertise.

Thanks much, Kishor

Hi
make sure the compatible cartridges are available in the market...but being in singapore you can get amazing number of choices on technics turntables which are a safer bet with regards to service, cartridge changes etc..
cheers
ganesh.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back