Turntable

For the entry level consider getting a Project Xpression. Its well built and capable unit, good enough to take a budget MC. My personal favourite starter table.

Dear Rajesh,
Please decide whether you prefer a brand new TT or a vintage used one.
There are some good vintage tts and if you are lucky to find one it will last for years to come.
Also what is your preference for: belt drive or direct drive turntable?
Regards

Rega, Project have nice entry levels if you want to go for it.MMs are luxury cars - expensive but common and MCs are Formula cars - ultra expensive and need a complex ch
Unlike other HiFi devices, the TTs bring a lot of chores like cleaning stylus, records, getting paranoid about dust etc.. You would also need to acquire a good collection of records.
I would suggest to buy a used TT setup and see if you like the routine after initial high goes off.
I went through the process and am now happy listening to mp3s. My dad has completely taken over the TT setup and listens to it regularly.

Rega, Project have nice entry levels if you want to go for it.MMs are luxury cars - expensive but common and MCs are Formula cars - ultra expensive and need a complex ch
Unlike other HiFi devices, the TTs bring a lot of chores like cleaning stylus, records, getting paranoid about dust etc.. You would also need to acquire a good collection of records.
I would suggest to buy a used TT setup and see if you like the routine after initial high goes off.
I went through the process and am now happy listening to mp3s. My dad has completely taken over the TT setup and listens to it regularly.
Thanks Arun! I was also confused as lot of difficulty in getting good music particularly to our taste is some time not at all possible. Your suggestions will help a lot.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back