• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Hi guys,

I have a LG 47LN5400 tv.
Cambridge stereo amp.
Polk audio speakers.

I got this new google cast. The only problem is I cant play my audio from tv onto my speakers. I only have a headphone audio out on this particular TV. I have connected this to my amp directly via red/white RC cables. The sound does play on the speakers but its very very soft. Any idea why?

Thank you.

Same issue with one of my friend. (with LG tv). So, he is using the audio out from DTH setup box directly instead of tv. This is not a solution, but still looking for a solution

Thanks pramod for the reply... my tata sky is hooked up to my amplifier and i can play the audio from the speakers from my tata sky.

For me,I want to get my "google cast" audio onto the speakers via the amp. Sorry I hope u understand what i mean.

You can buy 2 y-connectors and take the audio o/p from the set top box instead of the tv headphone. One y-connector will go to your audio amplifier and the other will go to your tv. usually o/p from headphone is very low and not of good quality.

This way you can choose to either play through your TV or/ and your amplifier. when playing through amplifier you can mute your tv audio manually.

Cheers,

Thank you Hari so much. When u say y connector,Im trying to look online for it but I honestly cant seem to understand what it shud look like sir.

Can you please elaborate a little bit more or if possible show me a picture.

Thanks so much Sir!

Thank you Hari so much. When u say y connector,Im trying to look online for it but I honestly cant seem to understand what it shud look like sir.

Can you please elaborate a little bit more or if possible show me a picture.

Thanks so much Sir!

This image is from the net
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...h2yKgS63eVnv7jINra_H1AX1Tz2LYeSinX2ezHcCiv2NP

One male RC to 2 female RC connector. You can buy two of these for left and right channel and feed the TV and Amplifier from them.

jags thanks so much i'm gonna purchase the FiioD03k.

Will keep you all posted thank you.

I saw the below review about FiiO E03K in amazon dot com.

---------------------------------------------------------
I bought this one. Worked fine. Was very happy with it. Then after a few weeks the thing went bad, produced distorted sound. I got another one. Same story. Finally it dawned on me that it was permanently powered up. So I tried disconnecting the power feed, letting it cool off. And then it went back to working OK. Now whenever I wanted to watch TV I had to first go and plug in the USB power cable; when I was done watching, I had to go and unplug it. I was a slave to this overheating $25+ piece of junk.

Enough is enough. I shopped around and bought an Orei DA21. Seems to be a superior product. It automatically detects whether input is optical or co-axial (the FiiO requires you to set a switch); in addition to the RCA outputs, it also has a 3.5mm headphone output; and the sound it produces is louder and clearer. For the time being it certainly outperforms the FiiO.
==================
Well, it's now been a bit over 2 weeks that I'm using the Orei. Awesome improved sound (compared to the FiiO). Moreover, it's been permanently plugged in and no sign of overheating or misbehavior (by now the FiiO would require being unplugged and allowed to cool).

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have no personal experience with either FiiO or Orei. Read through the reviews and choose the best product. Best of luck.

oh gosh thanks so much jags.... i just went and bought the fiio online today morning :(

I guess i will have to wait and see now..... else i will buy the Orei as advised.

Thanks so much for your valuable input!

I think Im stumbling here :( so i looked behind my tv and I dont have a optical audio out.

All I have is a headphones out.

And I bought the Fiio :( I have no idea what to do now.... please request your assistance.

I think Im stumbling here :( so i looked behind my tv and I dont have a optical audio out.

And I bought the Fiio :( I have no idea what to do now.... please request your assistance.

You can sell them in Forum at half the price now.

hi Celester,

Are you sure LG 47LN5400 don't have a Digital output?
The online spec from LG says otherwise!!
It has one Digital output (optical).
Hope you are familiar with optical interface, usually the optical jack is covered with a dust cap and id difficult to spot. just look for the labelling or refer to the manual for the exact location.
Please have a thorough check again.
Good luck

Hi guys,

I have a LG 47LN5400 tv.
Cambridge stereo amp.
Polk audio speakers.

I got this new google cast. The only problem is I cant play my audio from tv onto my speakers. I only have a headphone audio out on this particular TV. I have connected this to my amp directly via red/white RC cables. The sound does play on the speakers but its very very soft. Any idea why?

Thank you.

If you want to connect your TV to the amp via the headphone out please make sure you are using a 3.5mm to RCA cable (preferably one with less than 2mtrs of reasonable quality).
Since headphone out is variable and not a fixed line out like RCA, you've to bring the TV volume to the highest setting (make sure no distortion) and use your amp to adjust the volume. Otherwise you don't get enough output volume through the headphone out. But remember, this kind of arrangement to feed output to the amp is sonically inferior to the digital out to digital in of amp.

no skillace I have the manual..... it doesnt have a digital output..... the model we get in india is different from the international one, it confused me as well.

Skillace thanks so much for the 2nd point! I really didnt know that ny increasing the volume on the tv will make such a difference!! I had to go to 100% on the tv volume and then increase the volume from my amp. But yes i got decent sound now.

Thanks so much for ur valuable input! But I still wish the output wud be a lil louder.....anything more I can do??

you are most welcome Celester.

Actually, I saw your post while casually going through the forum.
Anyway, glad it helped.

Different standards for the same model!
It's really saddening that International manufacturers still thinks that Indian consumers don't deserve the best. I thought this trend (money making by cutting corners) must have been changed at leat in the Electronics Industry!!

I think we cannot blame the manufacturers as the they focus on profit and follows the regulations in the country. Its's the regulatory boards and stupid obsolete policies in the country to be blamed for this. Hopefully, these may get better soon when more local brands emerges to international standards and give others a run for the money.

If we treat our own men badly, who will treat us nicely!

Now, regarding the volume.....I don't think you can do much here as it depends on the impedance matching of the headphone output of the TV and the amp. If the output impedance is high the voltage drop will be high and it varies with frequencies.

In this type of connection, you are actually limited by the quality of the headphone section and the DAC of the TV and in most cases these are not in favour of gd sound. These are the area where TV manufacturers cut corners to reduce their cost.

A few more things you can check to make sure nothing's wrong:

Make sure the input chosen is correct and not plugged into the phono section!
Make sure the cable is short as possible (less noise) and also a gd quality with gd shielding.
Finally, please check the sound settings of the TV and see if you've enabled any effects or surround processing or something. If so, put it back to normal or neutral setting and disable all effects.
When you are using the headphone output, whatever audio settings you do in the TV affects the output for the better or worse.

Does your amp has digital inputs/DAC or an analogue one?

Thanks once again for ur inputs!!

I have a cambridge audio topaz SR10 stereo receiver. Its pretty entry level.

I have checked the cable. It is short. Also have set to default all the sound settings like u said. And connected to CD and not PHONO.

I thank you for all your help friend.

I will message you if anything now comes up.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back