Tv Cable reception

mjamal14

hi everyone
glad i found this forum coz i have a problem bugging me for some time now.my cable reception on my tv is poor.out of 80 channels i get 50 which r unclear.i searched a bit and found that motorola cable signal booster is the solution but it is not available anywhere.if anyone could guide me to an alternative i would be really thankful.

Well i searched around for the motorola signal booster found the company link, but unable to find any seller locally here

Signal Booster

If you know someone abroad why not order from there and get it shipped :)

Jamal:

Welcome to the forum.

I am a bit unclear about your question. What kind of connection do you have? Cable or Satellite? In either case, is it not the job of the service provider to ensure all channels reach you and that they be crystal clear?

Cheers

No venkat ..thats not the case...atleast in my case..my house is 1 km away from my cable tv operator. and he has provided many connections on the way to my home through the cable .. i get the worst picture..and my cable operator will always complain my TV has gone bad..

@Dushie: rather than buying a moto booster.. he can go for a STB... costs similar

hi mjamal14
i think it is not worth spending money to improve the quality of your cable tv signal.
instead it is wiser to go for a dth service. that will at least guarantee that you receive good quality video and audio.

No venkat ..thats not the case...atleast in my case..my house is 1 km away from my cable tv operator. and he has provided many connections on the way to my home through the cable .. i get the worst picture..and my cable operator will always complain my TV has gone bad..

@Dushie: rather than buying a moto booster.. he can go for a STB... costs similar

Well the operator is supposed to put a signal booster for every 50 houses or so. Even my internet connection is through a cable, and I ensure that I get good service. Recently the provided changed the cable from the main junction to my termination point which is on my roof. I just threaten these guys with not paying and going to consumer court and all that. It is a pain in the neck, I agree. Dealing with these people is like dealing with the local goondas.

If Cable does not work, as Krauss suggested, maybe just switch to a DTH service.

Whatever method you follow, I yet think it is the responsibility of the service provider. Why are you paying him otherwise? If he says your TV is bad, play a DVD and show him. Or ask him to bring his own TV and show good quality.

Cheers

Jamal, agree with venkat and team , as you had inquired about Motorola , so i provided the info,normally the cable tv guy will provide signal boosters to boost the signal after a particular distance ,ask him to put a signal booster it does not cost much, or u can go for dth also if required,

In worse case scenario if you still want to continue with cable tv ,ask the cable guy how much he would charge to put a booster to increase signal strength, as normally the cable tv guys, only put booster to increase coverage , it may be happening that your house is in the last lane or right at the end of coverage area, hence he does not want to spend money on booster

thanks for the prompt replies guys
i went ahead n bought a 850mhz amplifier(some local company)
now the channels which were grainy r very good.but still im not getting the channels after 65.the guy at shop told me that 850 mhz means all channels should com.the channels after 65 r comin but r very unclear.so i know that channels after 65 exist.the amp cost me 500.
one more thing.i got a tata sky connection 3 months ago.i had super saver pack.
first tensports went.then espn,star sports went into some package.i felt very angry n stopped recharging n went back to my cable.hence this prob.

thanks for the prompt replies guys
i went ahead n bought a 850mhz amplifier(some local company)
now the channels which were grainy r very good.but still im not getting the channels after 65.the guy at shop told me that 850 mhz means all channels should com.the channels after 65 r comin but r very unclear.so i know that channels after 65 exist.the amp cost me 500.
one more thing.i got a tata sky connection 3 months ago.i had super saver pack.
first tensports went.then espn,star sports went into some package.i felt very angry n stopped recharging n went back to my cable.hence this prob.

well i went through a similar situation couple of months ago when Tata removed channels form maxi package which cost Rs 300 and put on add on packs separately, this month i renewed my TS package now i am using the super saver pack which cost rs 260 per month, i get most of the channels i need,

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back