TV for my fitness room

ece2k2

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a TV (it could either be LCD, LED or Plasma) for using in my fitness room. My main requirements are:

1. It must be wall mountable (due to the lack of space)
2. I would be viewing it from a distance of around 2 to 3 feet
3. I am JUST going to use the TV to watch some video songs that I have stored in an external USB hard disk - without the need for an external media player (So, the TV must comfortably play all the HD video formats such as mkv, mp4, avi, ISO, etc... and it must also support DTS, Dolby Digital and AAC audio).
4. I am NOT going to use the TV for watching TV channels or for gaming.
5. The TV should have a good VFM
6. Sound must be really good as I am not going to connect external amp/speakers for watching video songs.

Could you please suggest me some options - including the optimal TV size for my usage and models that I should consider.

I look forward to your inputs.

Thanks,
KB.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a TV (it could either be LCD, LED or Plasma) for using in my fitness room. My main requirements are:

1. It must be wall mountable (due to the lack of space)
2. I would be viewing it from a distance of around 2 to 3 feet
3. I am JUST going to use the TV to watch some video songs that I have stored in an external USB hard disk - without the need for an external media player (So, the TV must comfortably play all the HD video formats such as mkv, mp4, avi, ISO, etc... and it must also support DTS, Dolby Digital and AAC audio).
4. I am NOT going to use the TV for watching TV channels or for gaming.
5. The TV should have a good VFM
6. Sound must be really good as I am not going to connect external amp/speakers for watching video songs.

Could you please suggest me some options - including the optimal TV size for my usage and models that I should consider.

I look forward to your inputs.

Thanks,
KB.

hi, can you also mention budget and screen size required.
thanks

Since the viewing distance is just 2-3 feet, I believe 22 or 26 inches would do and anything more than might not be comfortable to look at. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As far as the budget is concerned, I am looking for something very reasonably priced - with all the features that I had listed.

Thanks,
KB.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back