TV or Projector - Budget 1L

Thanks for the input. Right now I have projector stand installed at 13' away from projection wall. Can we adjust the short throw to regular? Also it doesn't have smart features/wifi. Priced at 1600$. Alternatively thinking of Benq 3550i. This is just $100 more. Specs wise it's same as benq 2700 available locally. It's 2000 lumen brightness. This is recommended for home cinema by Benq. Where as Benq tk700sti is recommended fr gaming , watching sports , ambient light conditions. Rest of specifications r same.

Any input on benq 3550i? How does this fare against Epson 7100?
3550 is better in every aspect against tk700sti except for input lag and brightness. 3550 has a respectable input lag at around 44-54ms. However, if you are planning to use your projector in your living room with tons of ambient light, then go with TK700STi.
So, Gaming+Brightness(usage in living room)- TK700STi
Image fidelity(if you have a dedicated home theatre)- 3550
Best middle ground W1800i(if available. Right now, it is limited to only to EU)

Tv and projector costs have come down drastically in the past years you can get a above average 75 inch tv and a above average projector for around 1 lakh , if picture clarity , 4k resoultion , hdr is ur priority go for a TV if u want just a big picture average picture quality in 1080p opt for projector

Tv and projector costs have come down drastically in the past years you can get a above average 75 inch tv and a above average projector for around 1 lakh , if picture clarity , 4k resoultion , hdr is ur priority go for a TV if u want just a big picture average picture quality in 1080p opt for projector
The bigger picture size you go, 1080p content looks below average. May I know why you are suggesting a 1080p projector? My projector does HDR10 and 4K and I felt it was way better than an average 4K TV. Only hassles were mounting and ambient light in the room.

If i have a budget of 1L approx, should i look for a 75" TV or Projector ? Which models are recommended and why? Feedback pls

Mostly content watched is from OTT. This is not the primary TV, we have another 2 TVs at home of 49" and 55". Parents watch regular Tele / news / youtube songs. Kid watches youtube videos / cartoons. I think the existing TVs cater to my parents and kid. I am passively thinking of adding one in Media cum my work room of 13'3"x17"5". At the moment using 49" TV in this room, but hardly using. Room can be adjusted to ambient / dark. Have thick light obstructing curtains. I am looking for good picture quality. I have a separate proper Audio system in place. So Audio features in TV are not some thing i am seriously looking at.
Since you already have decent sized TV, u will not see much difference going with 75" TV . Projector is better. You can view in larger screen and experience will be unmatched. Only thing is make sure u have dedicated HT room + Darker room .
You dont need to invest on projector screen for now , just paint your wall with white which will cost only max 3k to 4k.
Later u can invest in Screen if you need really.

I think for getting 4k projector u may need to increase your budget another 40 k. I think benQ have a 4k model starting from 1.4 Lakhs.
Better to go with 4K projector if you have budget.
I have only 1080 P projector , which is also pretty decent to view movies in large screen. Since you watch movies from OTT , for now 1080P projector should do it's job great. Just you need to sit little far from screen. How ever for future compatibility better to go with 4k Projector.

Just make sure the projector you are buying have high contrast ratio + long viewing hours + made of led ..etc.
Also make sure to measure your room size before buying projector - and compare the projection ratio of projector to know the maximum viewing size.
Cheers! Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Benq 3550i in US is same as Benq 2700i in India. In US 1700$ (1.3L), In india Mrp 2.5L offer price about 1.8L.. Roughly 50k premium for 3 yr warranty. If i am willing to spent 1.8L I could have explored Epson 9400 as well.
The above are 2000 lumen brightness, if i want more brightness Benq Tk850i has 3000 lumen, rest of specs and price also are same ,

Please advice if this is worth a shot ?

@Naturelover @Ravi546 @Decadent_Spectre

Last edited:
I personally would recommend the brightest projector you can afford as the brightness is more important than contrast in general. Please note that many projectors don't have the brightness they claim, or if they do it is in brightest mode. Unlike TVs which look good in their bright modes projectors tend to push a lot of green/yellow in brightest mode. If you adjust the color to suit your preference then you loose brightness. But the movie modes, just like TVs, are very dim and washed out, so unless you like a dim washed out picture you probably won't prefer the movie mode. Please check reviews of available brightness from review sites, projectorreviews is a good place to start. As for 3LCD vs DLP, they do have a different image, my preference is DLP but DLP can have rainbow effect, not everyone sees it so you will need to check if you are susceptible to it. I think you should first decide on a fixed budget and then explore.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back