TV screen size changes when connected to PC

nanacp76

Hi All,

I have connected my 32" Sony LCD tv with my PC through VGA adaptor as HDMI is not supporting my TV. Every time i connect with my pc the tv screen size zoomed out. Any idea how to fix it.

That is called over scanning, you TV should have a setting to correct the over scan, if it does not, then what windows are you using, will depend if the graphic driver properties has the option to adjust the over scan. and if at all it can be done with VGA output.

I am using windows 7 and Nvidia Geforce graphics card. I have unchecked the NO scanning in graphics card properties. still the screen remains the same. I have to manually adjust the screen using the menu option in my TV.

so you do have the option in the TV to adjust the out put right, if yes then yes you have to manually do it, but not everytime, once done it should be permanent and whenever you connect your PC to TV it should be the same

BTW which GPU model number are you using.

Everytime i manually adjust the screen size and it can't be done permanently. it is not happening in my case. Zotac GT610.

Best best is connect HDMI out to HDMI in. That should fix it. Else get a DVI to HDMI cable and it should work. VGA is old but still given on some cards for backwards compatibility.

unfortunately Sony 32" LCD is not supporting full hd though it says full hd in the specification. that's why i have connected thru VGA.

I hope it's not the cable that's faulty or the HDMI socket on the TV.
I had a Philips non full HD TV. I had connected HD STB via HDMI.
The TV not being full HD is not the cause of the problem.

After connecting using HDMI, go to Windows Display properties and check if you see two display devices- one should be your default monitor and the other should be Digital Display Device (this will be your TV). If you see your TV listed, try manually switching your display to TV to check if your TV then receives the signal.

Typically, if your Graphics card is able to detect the connected HDMI display device (your TV in this case), it will retrieve all supported resolutions of your TV and then automatically select the optimum resolution.

As pointed out by Naturelover, cheap or faulty HDMI cables may also cause handshake issues. Try with a different HDMI cable from a reliable brand.

Cheers!

Tried connecting thru HDMI cable with various resolution but it says No Signal.
Try this. what is the refresh rate on the card? if it's over 60hxz the TV will blackout. So check it once.

Everytime i manually adjust the screen size and it can't be done permanently. it is not happening in my case. Zotac GT610.

What do you mean by "Everytime i manually adjust the screen size and it can't be done permanently. it is not happening in my case"

If you are adjusting, over scan via TV settings, ofcourse you have to do it everytime you connect your PC, but if its connected permanently, the overscan setting should not auto change.

ANyway forget TV, since you have nvidia card, your Nvidia display properties has the option to adject the over scanning. Closely follow the below article to solve the issue

How do I setup my NVIDIA based graphics card to work with my HDTV?

The only doubt I have if this would work for VGA, none the less try and report.

I have changed Graphics card scaling to Full screen. Now it works. Thanks to all for you time and valuable suggestion.

Hello Freinds,

Now am facing a different issue.
I have connected my Sony TV and PC using Nvidia Geforce GT610 Graphics card. Now when i try to connect the HDMI port of graphics card to HDMI port of the Pioneer VSX1122 as an input and selected that input my screen only shows the Windows 7 Logo and if select any other mode windows comeback. Not sure where it is going wrong. Can anyone help me.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back