Ultimate budget starter build

Haven't heard Edifiers personally but de jure Swans' active offereing are better than Edifiers, which I believe might have to do something with the fact that Swans' actives are internally bi-amped for highs and mids/lows.Mid price range offering from Swans' even have DSP correction whilst Edifier has picked up the trick for it's higher end products.
P.S- As you are from Bengaluru and, you have fair amount of experience with OLX deals, then better scrounge for pre-owned gear.

Edifier 1700bt is a good option with its price, it's also using DSP internally. But I would suggest buying 1850db over 1700bt as the 'db' versions have digital inputs (coaxial, optical). Also, 1850db has a dedicated sub out, where you can attach a powered subwoofer in case you need more bass. R 2000db has 5" driver where as 1280, 1700 or 1850 having 4" drivers.

I am using 1700bt from more than an year, I am happy with the performance. Never heard Swans speakers, so can't compare between the two.

Do read [USER=876]@SEANDSILVA 's posts. His words there have their worth in gold and must've been spoken in a drunken stupor. ;)

Your post seems like an oxymoron. It’s hard to tell whether you’re being genuinely appreciative or downright sarcastic. Let me inform you there was no trace of alcohol or stupor involved while sharing my experiences with those turds. The mind was calm, a little warm and balanced - as balanced as the Mogami 3106 ICs i’m currently using. ;) Unlike the Mogami where you can see the served shield, I believe I had God as my invisible impenetrable shield guiding and saving me from fraudsters who assumed I’m a dumb ass they’d manipulate. Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches. Have a good day!

Your post seems like an oxymoron. It’s hard to tell whether you’re being genuinely appreciative or downright sarcastic. Let me inform you there was no trace of alcohol or stupor involved while sharing my experiences with those turds. The mind was calm, a little warm and balanced - as balanced as the Mogami 3106 ICs i’m currently using. ;) Unlike the Mogami where you can see the served shield, I believe I had God as my invisible impenetrable shield guiding and saving me from fraudsters who assumed I’m a dumb ass they’d manipulate. Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches. Have a good day!
My statement was a jibe due to my personal experience where audiophiles haven't been very forthcoming with personal bad experiences and when they have, in jest I attribute that to their momentary loss of inhibition due to impaired mental function at that point of time.:p;)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back