Ultra HD - TataSky

TATA sky is offering 4K exclusive channel where selected cricket matches and discovery channel programmes are showcased

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 249
A close up shot doesn't reveal any detail more than HD. after seeing this will anyone out there disagree? Clicked from 2feet distance. Phone camera has got nothing to do with this. There's nothing to extract :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 248
Not surprised with the PQ being bad as Tatasky is managing with the limited bandwidth

I read somewhere which mentioned that only four 4K cameras are used of the total of 12 used during the match.

How is the PQ during other programs on the 4K feed.

Not surprised with the PQ being bad as Tatasky is managing with the limited bandwidth

I read somewhere which mentioned that only four 4K cameras are used of the total of 12 used during the match.

How is the PQ during other programs on the 4K feed.

Even other programmes are looking like HD feeds. Regarding cricket matches, like you pointed out...long distance camera shots brilliance was probably due to those four cameras!!

Hi BOSS8055

Can you please confirm HD channels are now broadcasting in 1080p instead of 1080i in new tatasky uhd setboxes.

Thanks
srikar

Hi BOSS8055

Can you please confirm HD channels are now broadcasting in 1080p instead of 1080i in new tatasky uhd setboxes.

Thanks
srikar

Yes that is a critical question. But more than that , (supposing the display does show 1080p for HD), bigger question is if that 1080p is coming by some upscaling done by the UHD box or is it actually receiving HD broadcast in 1080p.

At this point I am not at all caring about 4K. But if really they are able to transmit HD channels to consumer in true 1080p, that itself will be the service provider's groundbreaking achievement for me. Just someone has to confirm if its upscaled from 1080i to 1080p or its originally the gold.

Videocon D2h seems to have true 1080p resolution from the screenshots provided by Karthi. Bosss has to confirm about tata sky uhd

A close up shot doesn't reveal any detail more than HD. after seeing this will anyone out there disagree? Clicked from 2feet distance. Phone camera has got nothing to do with this. There's nothing to extract :lol:

:)Hi Boss8055 please update on Tatasky 4K connection, of late I am hearing news about a lot of failures in their HD set top boxes and transmission too in some places.

Guess they are changing their compression mode from Mpeg2 to Mpeg 4 finally and adding some bandwidth for new channels hence the issues.(Source TS FB page/Dream DTH forum)

No channel in India broadcasts in 1080p. They are all limited to either 1080i or 720p.

Cannot fault India here... even in the US everything (or 99%) is 720p or 1080i. Only Netflix and YouTube have 4K (not real 4K, only UHD) available, but that content is extremely limited too.

Cannot fault India here... even in the US everything (or 99%) is 720p or 1080i. Only Netflix and YouTube have 4K (not real 4K, only UHD) available, but that content is extremely limited too.
Was merely stating a fact. The post was not about finding fault with India. Also, your statement is not entirely correct. DirecTV does in fact show Pay per view movies in 1080p. Although, your statement is correct in the case of broadcast channels. 4K is limited to movie theaters only. For TV it's all only UHD.

They are providing some extra ordinary at there and better from current time...
owhhh....that's good comment.
o.png

Whats the difference between 4K, UHD. I thought they were the same!

Was merely stating a fact. The post was not about finding fault with India. Also, your statement is not entirely correct. DirecTV does in fact show Pay per view movies in 1080p. Although, your statement is correct in the case of broadcast channels. 4K is limited to movie theaters only. For TV it's all only UHD.

Was referring to broadcast TV since that's what we are discussing with regard to TS. DirecTV to my knowledge is satellite TV, but I've never actually subscribed to it. Only had access to cable and Dish Network when in the US.

Whats the difference between 4K, UHD. I thought they were the same!

UHD is 3840 x 2160 and 4K is 4096 x 2160. More info at No, TV makers, 4K and UHD are not the same thing | ExtremeTech.

Was referring to broadcast TV since that's what we are discussing with regard to TS. DirecTV to my knowledge is satellite TV, but I've never actually subscribed to it. Only had access to cable and Dish Network when in the US.
DirecTV, just like Dish Network is a DTH (Satellite TV) service. In fact they are the world's first DTH company.

4K channels look awesome in 1080p even on non 4K TV's. In my opinion it is worth it. There is a huge difference in the quality of 1080i v/s 1080p.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back