Ultra short throw projectors vs 98" TV

Donivlapog

Hi All,

I was wondering if I am able to set up a media room, would it be wise to use the UST laser TV pj or a 98" TV the biggest commercially available TV currently. (Some Indiamart adverts showing about 9 lakhs including transporting to other cities). USTs can easily cover 120" screens and are available for under 5 lakhs plus an auto light reflective screen for 50k and after calibration and focusing making it sleek and non space consuming, may be mimicking a TV screen set up space wise.

What are your thoughts. (They will be paired with AVR and 7.2 set up. ). I am not going to plunge into it until i hear some experiences from forumers. Thanks ever so!

Any day projector will give flexibility with adjusting the screen size. In TV you wont get the option.
Going with Indiamart may be risky..not sure about warranty /and their service. If you can get the same with authorized dealers then safer. I think samsung /sony with 98" are very expensive. It's better to go with Projector. Only need to keep in mind - need to replace the lamp after 3-4 years based on usage.

If you can get normal projectors cost will be less and you can extend your screen size even more. But should have longer room.

Any day projector will give flexibility with adjusting the screen size. In TV you wont get the option.
Going with Indiamart may be risky..not sure about warranty /and their service. If you can get the same with authorized dealers then safer. I think samsung /sony with 98" are very expensive. It's better to go with Projector. Only need to keep in mind - need to replace the lamp after 3-4 years based on usage.

If you can get normal projectors cost will be less and you can extend your screen size even more. But should have longer room.
Ultra short throw projectors use lasers, which have a life time of 20000 hours, which translates to 7-10 years for 8-10 hours of usage per day.

Hi All,

I was wondering if I am able to set up a media room, would it be wise to use the UST laser TV pj or a 98" TV the biggest commercially available TV currently. (Some Indiamart adverts showing about 9 lakhs including transporting to other cities). USTs can easily cover 120" screens and are available for under 5 lakhs plus an auto light reflective screen for 50k and after calibration and focusing making it sleek and non space consuming, may be mimicking a TV screen set up space wise.

What are your thoughts. (They will be paired with AVR and 7.2 set up. ). I am not going to plunge into it until i hear some experiences from forumers. Thanks ever so!

Where is a 98" Sony/Samsung TV for 9 lacs? Link please? Are these reputable companies? Is the warranty legit? Are these original in box new products? Is it stolen or sold through legitimate channels? If it was for 9 lacs I would have bought it when I bought my TV a few months ago. It is a very good price. This should be great for future reference.

Where is a 98" Sony/Samsung TV for 9 lacs? Link please? Are these reputable companies? Is the warranty legit? Are these original in box new products? Is it stolen or sold through legitimate channels? If it was for 9 lacs I would have bought it when I bought my TV a few months ago. It is a very good price. This should be great for future reference.
Its listed in Indiamart and is LG 98" TV. Maybe a commercial TV with just a few features. Not sure about legitimacy of it though. Haven't even enquired in recent times but a year ago when i had made enquiry they said they shipped pan India and freight charges were inclusive in 9 L. I hung up and was and still am circumspect about it. But recently when i keep seeing Laser TV pj adverts and reviews online, it crept in the back of my mind as how big can a TV get and if that would be better than the ust pj advertised as laser TV. (Link is not advisable in public as it could be illegitimate too and so i do not dare put it).

Its listed in Indiamart and is LG 98" TV. Maybe a commercial TV with just a few features. Not sure about legitimacy of it though. Haven't even enquired in recent times but a year ago when i had made enquiry they said they shipped pan India and freight charges were inclusive in 9 L. I hung up and was and still am circumspect about it. But recently when i keep seeing Laser TV pj adverts and reviews online, it crept in the back of my mind as how big can a TV get and if that would be better than the ust pj advertised as laser TV. (Link is not advisable in public as it could be illegitimate too and so i do not dare put it).

I understand. Please PM me the link if you don't mind.

Ultra short throw projectors use lasers, which have a life time of 20000 hours, which translates to 7-10 years for 8-10 hours of usage per day.
Ok ,Great to know. Even my non-laser projector worked for 8 years. It depends on the usage hours + quality of lamp. Just to keep in mind the cost of lamp replacement.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back