Unbelievable After Sales Support from TCL

Kecha_R

Hi All,

I have purchased a TCL 55C8 TV from TCL exclusive store in Mogappair, Chennai during the Covid (May 2020). This TV had a 3 years manufacturing warranty when i purchased. I have already did a detailed review of the same in the below thread.

However, recently the TV display started giving trouble where display started to flicker. I did not mind much initially but suddenly the display was not working after a week. This was around May 7th 2023. I had an outstation trip planned for 10th May 2023 and hence i wanted to log a case after the trip. Once I returned home after the trip (15th May 2023) I noticed that the Warranty is valid only until 17th May 2023. Hence, I immediately logged a case for this issue with TCL and to my surprise
the engineer attended on the same day to check the issue. He informed that the display needs replacement and hence he opened the back panel to take display model number pictures to place an order with TCL. The engineer informed me that it will take 2 weeks for the part to reach. I was a bit worried since i had only warranty for 2 more days. So i asked him if there would be any issue due to this to which he confirmed that the date of engineer visit is important and assured that it shouldn't be any issue since the engineer visited on 15th May during which the warranty was still valid. He also gave his manager phone number to follow up on the part status.

Two days later I received a call from the local service center that the bill is not clear and i need to send a clear bill copy to which i sent them a clear photo. They also confirmed that the panel for C8 was not available and hence TCL will send panel for the model P725 (55 inch) which should be a direct fit and also they requested my approval for the same. I approved it over the call.

I called the manager on 29th May 2023 to check the status to which he confirmed that the part will be reaching in a day or two. But, surprisingly i got a call from the same engineer who checked my display on 15th May that he is on the way to my home with a REPLACEMENT TV (55 P725 model). I was shocked that they are providing a whole TV replacement. In the next 10 mins he reached my home with a new TV in the box and installed the same (which needed a different Wall mount) and left for the day.

This is something i never expected from TCL. Just replacing a TV with a newer version model in warranty no questions asked. KUDOS to TCL for such a great after sales support. Though i don't expect a display to go kaput in just 3 years but still i am impressed by their support.

TCL P725.jpgTCL Check1.jpgTCL Check2.jpgTCL Fixed.jpg

Products do go bad but it is always the after sales support which matters the most. Even after the warranty period brands should provide service or replacement at a reasonable price instead of denying repairs or quoting a very high price for repairs. Great to know about TCL's service. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Dell is one more organization which replaces products OR they give a voucher for a equivalent value which can be used to get a new one
I had a very nice experience from the Dell foreign counterparts contrary to the Indian Dell representatives who were shirking their responsibility.

Heartening to know since I bought my TCL 65 inch about 18 months or so back, satisfied with the picture quality and the features it offers for the money but there is always this nagging doubt at the back of your mind regarding how the after sales service will be. My one also has 3 years warranty, lets hope I never have to claim it.

Thanks for sharing, this instills confidence in their brand. I might get their 98" TV for my HT Room if they continue to offer such kind of warranty support.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back