Unbelievable Offer

venkatcr

Sharaf DG in Times Square in Dubai is offering the Onkyo 876 at 2800 DHS which works out to 38.5K in INR.

If any of you are interested in the AVR and have a relation in Dubai, this is a excellent offer to take advantage of. They are offering this price only on a gold color body.

Cheers

Sharf - around 6-7 years back hey were price leaders and think still are!!!
Good shop ,decent and acceptable service .....I feel take detailed audition elsewhere as Sharaf is generally crowded and buy from Sharaf!!!:eek:hyeah:

Sharf - around 6-7 years back hey were price leaders and think still are!!!
Good shop ,decent and acceptable service .....I feel take detailed audition elsewhere as Sharaf is generally crowded and buy from Sharaf!!!:eek:hyeah:

Damn! thats a great offer, just got a yamaha 665 from Sharaf for 2300 dirhams!:mad:

All,

Sorry to dig up this slightly old thread but just thought I would let everyone know that the offer is still available in Sharaf DG+ on the gold colored body(and I am about to purchase one!). Given the current low exchange rate of AED vs. INR (1 AED = 12 INR), it works out even cheaper to 33.5K INR.

Regards,
thekinge

All,

Sorry to dig up this slightly old thread but just thought I would let everyone know that the offer is still available in Sharaf DG+ on the gold colored body(and I am about to purchase one!). Given the current low exchange rate of AED vs. INR (1 AED = 12 INR), it works out even cheaper to 33.5K INR.

Regards,
thekinge

Very good of you to keep us updated on the price and offer. Although I'm not looking for one, I really appreciate your gesture.

Cheers

Thanks gobble. I have gained a lot of hi-fi knowledge from this terrific forum and its a pleasure to be able to give back a little to the forum! Soon I will post more information on the current deals that are available in Dubai.

Very good of you to keep us updated on the price and offer. Although I'm not looking for one, I really appreciate your gesture.

Cheers

As venkat mentioned can anyone publish if there are agencies to get it shipped? (Reliable agents)

::rolleyes:

Krish.

There are quite a few shipping companies that will ship to India and even take care of customs for you. But they do not pick up the order from stores directly. You need to get some one to purchase the AVR in Dubai and then hand it over to the shipping company for shipping to India.

Keep in mind that the average shipping rate per KG is 9 AED / 72 INR (at the present rate of 12 INR to 1 AED) and there is a minimum weight which will be charged by shipping companies regardless of whether you have that much to ship or not. The 876 weighs only(!) 26 Kgs packed and I think it may be less than the minimum weight charged by shipping companies.

Alternatively, given the fact that 876 costs three times as much in India, you could book a trip to Dubai (Emirates airlines offers 1 month tourist visa for 3700 INR if you book the flight with them), buy the AVR and other hi-fi items and fly back to India:) And if you are lucky, you may end up NOT paying any customs!

As venkat mentioned can anyone publish if there are agencies to get it shipped? (Reliable agents)

::rolleyes:

Krish.

I am looking at coming to Dubai for a week sometime in May, or early June. I will be interested in picking up a good CD Player.

Cheers

Venkat,

I will be very glad to meet you in person when you come to Dubai and be your "driver" during weekends! PM me when your travel plans are confirmed.

FYI VV & Sons are doing a warehouse clearance sale till 9th of May. Went to their warehouse today and they had some good prices for ex-demo Marantz CD players (for e.g., CD 7001 for AED 499) but since they are ex-demo, they come with no warranty and in some cases no remote.

I will be visiting VV & Sons again sometime during this week. Let me know the specific models you're looking at and I can inquire the prices & availability in advance.

-thekinge

I am looking at coming to Dubai for a week sometime in May, or early June. I will be interested in picking up a good CD Player.

Cheers

Venkat,

I will be very glad to meet you in person when you come to Dubai and be your "driver" during weekends! PM me when your travel plans are confirmed.

FYI VV & Sons are doing a warehouse clearance sale till 9th of May. Went to their warehouse today and they had some good prices for ex-demo Marantz CD players (for e.g., CD 7001 for AED 499) but since they are ex-demo, they come with no warranty and in some cases no remote.

I will be visiting VV & Sons again sometime during this week. Let me know the specific models you're looking at and I can inquire the prices & availability in advance.

-thekinge

Pls do update us on what equipment is available in the clearance sale with prices & also at other electronic shops.

Thanks!:clapping:

Thank you so much for the hospitality, Thekinge.

Let me see what CD Player to pick up. Not very keen on Marantz. I am looking more towards the CA 650C as it has been chosen by Stereophile as the best budget player. It has some superb specs. But I have to audition it before I buy it.

In any case I will do some research over the next week or so and short list a few models.

Cheers

venkat, If you do audition equivalent models of ca650c from other manufacturers, pl give us a comparo of how they stack up in your view.

thekinge, very kind offer from you for venkat!

There are quite a few shipping companies that will ship to India and even take care of customs for you. But they do not pick up the order from stores directly. You need to get some one to purchase the AVR in Dubai and then hand it over to the shipping company for shipping to India.

Keep in mind that the average shipping rate per KG is 9 AED / 72 INR (at the present rate of 12 INR to 1 AED) and there is a minimum weight which will be charged by shipping companies regardless of whether you have that much to ship or not. The 876 weighs only(!) 26 Kgs packed and I think it may be less than the minimum weight charged by shipping companies.

Alternatively, given the fact that 876 costs three times as much in India, you could book a trip to Dubai (Emirates airlines offers 1 month tourist visa for 3700 INR if you book the flight with them), buy the AVR and other hi-fi items and fly back to India:) And if you are lucky, you may end up NOT paying any customs!

Hi,

this is such an attractive offer that I am most tempted. I googled for a shipping agency, but came with a lot of junk. would be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction. (Some names)

thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back