Unboxing of Dynaaudio Emit 20

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

My journey with audio video just never seems to end. Call it a quest for constant change, or just plain boredom to experiment with different gear and items.

I had a wonderful pair of tannoys earlier, before I bought these lil beauties. The Dyn's as I'll call them from now on, will however never match up to the tannoys. So that's said, and out of the way.

The Dyn's. Hmmm. Aren't they looker's! Very well packed. They come with the standard foam bungs and owner's manual etc. Was so eager to open them up today. My gear. Creek Audio 100A amp, vdh Clearwater cables. Cambridge cxn source.

Been hearing them for about 2 hour's already today. Sounded a lil flat at first. But as the music started flowing so did the speaker's. Having said that, I believe a good 100-200 hour's are needed before I can pass any judgement. Remember, my ears are old. Not critical. Non musical. Non audiophile. So hence this is just a lil unboxing and first impressions.

I was thinking of plugging in a svs sb1000. Doesn't look like I'll need it as of now. However that sub is on standby duty.

Whoever thought that these are hard to drive speakers, 4ohm 85db etc etc, blah! My Creek drives them easily. Smoothly. No issues at all. I don't do crazy volumes and I don't listen to EDM so I think I'll be fine.

Ok now, pic's. Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• IMG-20190413-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20190413-WA0024.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG-20190413-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20190413-WA0026.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20190413-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20190413-WA0027.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG-20190413-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20190413-WA0025.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 159
Thanks sir. Stands are tono, with sand filling to make them a bit sturdy.

@jls001 I miss u buddy! You would have been the first one home to have a listen to them if I was in Bombay! :) you would have been able to give a far more subjective listening impression than me!

@jls001 I miss u buddy! You would have been the first one home to have a listen to them if I was in Bombay! :) you would have been able to give a far more subjective listening impression than me!

Congrats on the new speakers....look good.....

I am sure you can send some of us Air Tickets so that we can come over and give a nice critical listen to them :)

Last edited:
Congrats Derek. Happy listening :)
Dyns were in my shortlist before I decided to move on to Floor standers.

I've been going through your speaker quest thread. Congratulations.

That's the right way but you seem to have made up your mind already. :)

Thanks Rajesh, I just needed something different to look at and hear. Possibly in a blind test I wouldn’t be able to make out the difference between the dyns and the tannoys, however I’m pretty sure the tannoys will definitely fare better in the lower octaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Till now he was flying in the air, now these Dyns will make him fly on the ground as well.
Happy listening...if you are i a hurry, then you can take my hammer advise :)

Till now he was flying in the air, now these Dyns will make him fly on the ground as well.
Happy listening...if you are i a hurry, then you can take my hammer advise :)
Haha I may just do kannan sir! ;) lil beauties they are! Another couple of hours of listening done today!

Thank you for sharing! It looks elegant and great to be placed in my living room! The packaging is attractive too! Its revolutionary features make me think on buying my own Dyn soon. Wonderful review!

After a lil more listening, I can definitely conclude one thing for sure. If u feed these speakers some cheap mp3 or a poorly recorded source, they will sound like a radio.

Give it a nice mastered cd or flac/wav and the speaker's shine. I'm definitely going to give them some more time to break in. But so far, so good. There is definitely no brightness or shrillness in the speaker's. If anything, they are still a lil flat sounding. However much better then when I first got them.

I'm still struggling with positioning them. Can't get that right. Distance from wall, toe in.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back