Unboxing of Dynaaudio Emit 20

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
My journey with audio video just never seems to end. Call it a quest for constant change, or just plain boredom to experiment with different gear and items.

I had a wonderful pair of tannoys earlier, before I bought these lil beauties. The Dyn's as I'll call them from now on, will however never match up to the tannoys. So that's said, and out of the way.

The Dyn's. Hmmm. Aren't they looker's! Very well packed. They come with the standard foam bungs and owner's manual etc. Was so eager to open them up today. My gear. Creek Audio 100A amp, vdh Clearwater cables. Cambridge cxn source.

Been hearing them for about 2 hour's already today. Sounded a lil flat at first. But as the music started flowing so did the speaker's. Having said that, I believe a good 100-200 hour's are needed before I can pass any judgement. Remember, my ears are old. Not critical. Non musical. Non audiophile. So hence this is just a lil unboxing and first impressions.

I was thinking of plugging in a svs sb1000. Doesn't look like I'll need it as of now. However that sub is on standby duty.

Whoever thought that these are hard to drive speakers, 4ohm 85db etc etc, blah! My Creek drives them easily. Smoothly. No issues at all. I don't do crazy volumes and I don't listen to EDM so I think I'll be fine.

Ok now, pic's. Thank you for reading.

You should have thank me specifically ;) :D

Fortunately, I’m blessed to be doing both sir :) haha but on my off days it’s a good 5-6 hours of music listening with sarakku!

@celester340 Have you tried pairing the Dynes with SinAudio or Plinius? I had a family member who had this configuration and it was although that the Dynes and SAs were meant for each other. No satisfaction when Dynes were hooked up with anything else apart from the SAs.

Give it a try. Those Dynes need pure muscle. (Also, try to see if you can give the proamp route a try)

Regards

After a lil more listening, I can definitely conclude one thing for sure. If u feed these speakers some cheap mp3 or a poorly recorded source, they will sound like a radio.
That's the problem with most of HiFi systems.They need pure source/music files ,else they will sound too down.For mp3 music,media players or mobile phones are better options.

I think the Dyns are exiting Celester340s den and he was supposed to get something else.....his quest is never ending ;)

Yes I have the wharfedale Linton now. The dyns have found a new owner long back.

Hi Celester,

The Dyns I had heard at a sound studio years ago were the best ones I had heard so far IMHO. They were big ones. But offcourse sound is very personal & subjective. I am sure the Lintons are great speakers too . In the end if you are happy then thats all that matters.

SNAP!

I love mine. Push some watts through these Baby's and play a good recording and they sound just amazing. No harshness at all. Best bang for buck for sure.

I'm gonna get some stands made soon.

2019-12-03 16.07.42.jpg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back