Under speakers...

keith_correa

How do you think these would do?

They work well. They decouple. If you want coupling then go with spikes

Coincidentally, i bought these two sets yesterday... one each for my Mum and my wife's washing machines.
Now you are giving me other ideas.

1628134414589.jpeg

They work well. They decouple. If you want coupling then go with spikes
When is coupling to be preferred over decoupling? All my components appear to work best when the feet are stuck to the top of the equipment rack or speaker stands with blue tac! I've tried sorbothane, spikes, magnetic decouplers and polymer feet. They all have a negative impact.

When is coupling to be preferred over decoupling? All my components appear to work best when the feet are stuck to the top of the equipment rack or speaker stands with blue tac! I've tried sorbothane, spikes, magnetic decouplers and polymer feet. They all have a negative impact.
By using blu tac you are coupling the speaker/ equipment to the rack/stand. Is the stand/rack coupled to the ground or decoupled?

I don’t think there is any magic formula. You need to try both and see what you prefer. In US and Europe it kind of becomes necessary to decouple the speaker/stand/rack because they have suspended floors. In India we usually have concrete floors.

Normally if floor is concrete I would first try coupling the speaker to the ground and decoupling the equipment.

By using blu tac you are coupling the speaker/ equipment to the rack/stand. Is the stand/rack coupled to the ground or decoupled?

I don’t think there is any magic formula. You need to try both and see what you prefer. In US and Europe it kind of becomes necessary to decouple the speaker/stand/rack because they have suspended floors. In India we usually have concrete floors.

Normally if floor is concrete I would first try coupling the speaker to the ground and decoupling the equipment.
My stands and rack are on spikes on the concrete floor. All my components and speakers are coupled to the rack/stand

Try decoupling the components from the stand and see if you like the sound better. For the stand/rack to be coupled to the floor, they need to be 35-40 pounds at least. Mass is needed when you couple. Do the spikes cut through a carpet or are they directly on the floor? If direct on the floor, try using copper coins or brass cups. Avoid steel cups if possible.

I guess since vibration control will depend on compliance of feets. The best results would be achieved if the speakers are more or less same weight as washing machine.
regards

I guess since vibration control will depend on compliance of feets. The best results would be achieved if the speakers are more or less same weight as washing machine.
regards
Yes, you are right. Weight of the load also matters.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back