Underwhelmed by Bose QC25

yusuf

I just got new Bose QuietComfort 25. The primary objective is to use it during flights and in my initial use, I found ANC to be pretty good and effective so hopefully it will meet the objective.

However, I am a bit underwhelmed by the overall sound quality - I am not an audiophile so excuse me if this sounds like a noob question. However, in a quiet room, my old cheap Sony (MDR XD200) sounds better and loud, maybe burn-in time or whatever? I tried with both mode, ANC ON and OFF.

I also paired it with bluetooth and also Fiio E6 but I not sure if it sounds any different from normal headphone. It's good but not as good as 10x the price of cheap Sony headphone.

Just wondering.

You get QC for wearing comfort, light weight and noise cancellation.

Typically bose uses shitty drivers and uses DSP for giving processed but pretty good quality sound output in their battery powered units.
Because of involvement of DSP, it is always a love it or hate it relationship that different people have with bose.

Though good, it will not sound natural and compromised heavily of hf and to a lesser degree on midrange.

I have a QC and like it quite a bit with iphone. Comfort is unbeatable and is second to none.

I own a host of headphones including Sennheiser HD598, Audio Technica ATH50, Soundmagic HP150 and Audioquest Nighthawk and prefer bose QC for easy go listening outside home, if that helps.

Yes, QC 25 is known to have 'good enough' sound. It is a combination of light weight, decent sound quality (for non-audiophiles), and foldable design, best in class ANC and well known brand with good customer service which makes it a go-to for business travelers. Bose has good service in India. My friend got a completely new headphone because of some sweat related mis-function. Most people to do not care for ultimate SQ. But yes, for the same price, you will have much better musical quality from a variety of headphones from Sennheiser, Bewyedynamic, ATH, AKG etc

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back