Update music in Foobar after rearranging folders in music PC

Naturelover

Staff member
Friends
I have done a whole lot of rearranging of my music folders in my PC.
Now I want to have that reflected in Foobar.
How do I do that?

Library->Rescan Media Library
No rescan option. There was a "configure" option.
Reckoned it wound be similar.
Went into it and removed old folders and added the new ones.
And it was done in a jiffy!
Thanks Keith. You are a saviour in the computer audio department.
:)
Just curious, have you tried Jriver?
No

No rescan option. There was a "configure" option.
Reckoned it wound be similar.
Went into it and removed old folders and added the new ones.
And it was done in a jiffy!
Thanks Keith. You are a saviour in the computer audio department.
:)
Strange! I see the "Rescan..." option in my install. I probably have an ancient version on my disk. Never really kept up. But I'm glad that it all worked out for you.

Another issue that I am now facing is of album art.
Foobar picks up alphabetically the first image that is in the folder. Usually it is "CD" or "Artist" in my case.
I edit metadata using mp3tag or Edit ID-Tag (dBpoweramp).
Foobar does not use the album art I select in either of these, neither does it select "Folder.jpg" which some players do.
I want Foobar to take either "Folder.jpg" or album art selected through mp3tag or Edit ID-Tag.

The good thing about Foobar is that there's usually a solution for every problem :p

OK, Foobar looks for Album art in image files depending upon the file pattern you specify:
Check under File > Preferences > Display. There's the Album Art section in the right pane. Put in your file pattern there. I think, out of the box, by default it's set to some default pattern. Add your own.
In my version of Foobar, if album art is embedded, it picks that, else, it picks it from a file based on the file pattern specified. It should do the same for you too.

Last edited:
The good thing about Foobar is that there's usually a solution for every problem :p

OK, Foobar looks for Album art in image files depending upon the file pattern you specify:
Check under File > Preferences > Display. There's the Album Art section in the right pane. Put in your file pattern there. I think, out of the box, by default it's set to some default pattern. Add your own.
In my version of Foobar, if album art is embedded, it picks that, else, it picks it from a file based on the file pattern specified. It should do the same for you too.

This is what I am seeing. Search pattern for front cover has folder.jpg, etc. It does not seem to be working

Foobar.jpg

This is what I am seeing. Search pattern for front cover has folder.jpg, etc. It does not seem to be working
The entries seem to be OK. Can you try clicking the "reset page" button, followed by clicking the "apply" button (if it gets enabled post hitting the reset button), close FooBar and reopen, and see if it works fine then?
Alternatively try this:
Erase the folder.jpg entry. Add it again. Also add an entry named folder.jpeg. Then hit the "Apply" button.
o_O

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back