Upgrade Center Speaker from QA3050

sunith

My HT setup is Marantz 6015, QA3050 (LCR + Ceiling), Taga (Surrounds), Sunfire Sub in a 7.1.2 Setup (Atmos). I am watching almost 100% movies, and can feel a bit of lack of punch with movie dialogues, which points to my Center Channel..My primary source is Apple TV 4K.
I am looking at upgrading my center, but want to look at a compatible one.. Can anyone suggest a good upgrade ?.. How good are the Concept series.. (30,50,90, 500 etc.) ?
My room size is 20X12 and is Acoustically treated.

My HT setup is Marantz 6015, QA3050 (LCR + Ceiling), Taga (Surrounds), Sunfire Sub in a 7.1.2 Setup (Atmos). I am watching almost 100% movies, and can feel a bit of lack of punch with movie dialogues, which points to my Center Channel..My primary source is Apple TV 4K.
I am looking at upgrading my center, but want to look at a compatible one.. Can anyone suggest a good upgrade ?.. How good are the Concept series.. (30,50,90, 500 etc.) ?
You seem to have a rather interesting setup! I have seen quite a few people using floorstanders as their centre channel but never one who has it on their ceiling for overhead duties!

You seem to have a rather interesting setup! I have seen quite a few people using floorstanders as their centre channel but never one who has it on their ceiling for overhead duties!
My overheads are actually QAcoustics 65C. Hope that changes your view :)

My overheads are actually QAcoustics 65C. Hope that changes your view :)
For best synergy, stick to a center channel with voicing similar to or identical with your Front LR. For your setup, it would be the 3090ci.

I had heard both the Concept Centre and 3090ci in a side by side comparison and they sounded quite different. To my mind, going with the concept center could potentially lead to either the centre channel or the Front LRs sticking out like a sore thumb.

For best synergy, stick to a center channel with voicing similar to or identical with your Front LR. For your setup, it would be the 3090ci.

I had heard both the Concept Centre and 3090ci in a side by side comparison and they sounded quite different. To my mind, going with the concept center could potentially lead to either the centre channel or the Front LRs sticking out like a sore thumb.
Yes. My configuration is 3090ci at the Center.. So, question is - which is a worthy upgrade ?

Hi,

Have you tried manually tweaking the equalizer settings for the Center Channel? If not, then try that once. It might make some difference in dialogue

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back