Upgrade Marantz NR1509 to add Streamer+DAC

check out this thread. A lot of users on here have the Nelson Pass Amp Camp Amp which is rated at 8 watts and they love it.

Rehne de mere Bhai...aab rulayega Kya....DIY stuff..don't even have enough reading knowledge to even attempt to delve into this realm.
But thanks for showing me the portal.

Cheers

Haha..spoken like a pro. Well my journey just started last year. Gradually will move to stereo receiver.
Dear Raghu.
@DB1989
Am so bad with my memory.
I cleared realized that. Even a
Marantz pm,50005 sounds better in a quad S5s.
My speakers are set to Wharf 11.4 now
..which are way lower as compared to Quad S5s.
Now I heard d 11.4 with some unknown integrated Amp..it sounded brilliant as compared to having playing with pioneer Receiver.

Dear Raghu.
@DB1989
Am so bad with my memory.
I cleared realized that. Even a
Marantz pm,50005 sounds better in a quad S5s.
My speakers are set to Wharf 11.4 now
..which are way lower as compared to Quad S5s.
Now I heard d 11.4 with some unknown integrated Amp..it sounded brilliant as compared to having playing with pioneer Receiver.

Sry...what I mightbe drifting to..Wharf with Audiolab 6000A,.. they sounded magic
.even with low end speakers like D330.

What I need to know ...is it worth investing in a DAC AMP like Audiolab6000A,..which is clearly wayyy put of my budget? Or wait get this same..or rather....go get a lime Pm6006 bad add a DAC later?...

Sry...what I mightbe drifting to..Wharf with Audiolab 6000A,.. they sounded magic
.even with low end speakers like D330.

What I need to know ...is it worth investing in a DAC AMP like Audiolab6000A,..which is clearly wayyy put of my budget? Or wait get this same..or rather....go get a lime Pm6006 bad add a DAC later?...
The PM6006 has an inbuilt DAC. But if i were in your shoes, I'd wait and get something better.

The PM6006 has an inbuilt DAC. But if i were in your shoes, I'd wait and get something better.

Something better...well what about NAD C368 which has better power output than Audiolab 6000a.
Does have Aptx Bluetooth support which 6000a doesn't have...just for convinence.
Also NAD is somewhat known for near actual power delivery rating as compared to other brands.
Has a decent DAC...better than my AVR for sure.
But looks like I can't connect a power amp to it..if I want in future...can I?
It does have 2 pre outs/ sub...so I can connect the sub to it instead of the AVR I presume. But later if I get power amp...will I have to move the sub back to the AVR and connect the PA to the Pre outs of the IA?
Can I also add a DAC in future to this IA?
I am attaching the back ports of this model.

Request learned members to help out in clarifying and if it's a future proof upgrade.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-221443.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-221443.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201002-221501.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-221501.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 4
Something better...well what about NAD C368 which has better power output than Audiolab 6000a.
Does have Aptx Bluetooth support which 6000a doesn't have...just for convinence.
Also NAD is somewhat known for near actual power delivery rating as compared to other brands.
Has a decent DAC...better than my AVR for sure.
But looks like I can't connect a power amp to it..if I want in future...can I?
It does have 2 pre outs/ sub...so I can connect the sub to it instead of the AVR I presume
. But later if I get power amp...will I have to move the sub back to the AVR and connect the PA to the Pre outs of the IA?
Can I also add a DAC in future to this IA?
I am attaching the back ports of this model.

Request learned members to help out in clarifying and if it's a future proof upgrade.

Thanks
This is an Integrated AMP with DAC.
You can connect a Power amp to the Preout of this unit (if necessary).
Sub connected here will only serve what you feed into this unit.
Means AVR is out of the picture, because there is not HT bypass feature.

Cheers,
Raghu

This is an Integrated AMP with DAC.
You can connect a Power amp to the Preout of this unit (if necessary).
Sub connected here will only serve what you feed into this unit.
Means AVR is out of the picture, because there is not HT bypass feature.

Cheers,
Raghu

Oh if I understand it correctly...this will work as a standalone IA with Sub...I cannot switch to 5 channel or more to play along with the Avr.
No that sounds cumbersome ..if I have to again unplug and play for movies with the AVR.
So I need to find an IA with HT bypass.
Any suggestions please in this price bracket of below 1L.

Thanks

Oh if I understand it correctly...this will work as a standalone IA with Sub...I cannot switch to 5 channel or more to play along with the Avr.
No that sounds cumbersome ..if I have to again unplug and play for movies with the AVR.
So I need to find an IA with HT bypass.
Any suggestions please in this price bracket of below 1L.

Thanks
Audiolab 6000A? Available at HiFiMart. The modes are knob/remote controlled.
Marantz PM8004/8005/8006? Available at HiFiMart. Switch controlled, by the looks of it.
Rega Elicit-R. No Idea about price.
Parasound 200INT (class D), but price in India is ludicrous.

Cheers,
Raghu

Audiolab 6000A? Available at HiFiMart. The modes are knob/remote controlled.
Marantz PM8004/8005/8006? Available at HiFiMart. Switch controlled, by the looks of it.
Rega Elicit-R. No Idea about price.
Parasound 200INT (class D), but price in India is ludicrous.

Cheers,
Raghu

Those Marantz models sounds good but will have to check what pricing am getting at.
6000a was my preferred choice but not getting Kolkata dealers.
I will research a bit into pricing with a Arcam but very sceptical about after sales service. Any Kolkata FM has exp with Arcam or Marantz service center?

Thanks

Those Marantz models sounds good but will have to check what pricing am getting at.
6000a was my preferred choice but not getting Kolkata dealers.
I will research a bit into pricing with a Arcam but very sceptical about after sales service. Any Kolkata FM has exp with Arcam or Marantz service center?

Thanks
You need to network with FMs in your city. They are a good resource to lend a ear, lend equipment, etc.
Don't jump into pricing, serviceability at first go. It will happen once you like something and then set upon due diligence phase.
Have patience. Outline the problem statement correctly, then you'll be on the path towards a customized solution.
Cheers,
Raghu

You need to network with FMs in your city. They are a good resource to lend a ear, lend equipment, etc.
Don't jump into pricing, serviceability at first go. It will happen once you like something and then set upon due diligence phase.
Have patience. Outline the problem statement correctly, then you'll be on the path towards a customized solution.
Cheers,
Raghu

Took and audition of Anthem Which is way too costly. Wanted to check G class Arcam SA20 which uses there own so called modified A class but cudnt get one yet.
The dealer kinda pushed for power Amps even though I wanted to go the IA way.
His argument is seems that unless I use a source which is connected to the IA there is no point getting an IA.
As of now am streaming Spotify and Tidal which sounds great but I have to take the FS off the AVR for better headroom and clearly for better music experience.
Maybe I will get a Streamer/DAC later so doesn't it make more sense to get IA than PA?

Thanks

Hmmm ....
I thought Class G was a variation of Class AB. I have Outlaw monos that are Class AB/G.
Maybe Arcam implements it differently.

Advantage of having an IA with HT bypass is that you actually get a dedicated stereo chain.
Don't write off the preamp section in an IA yet.
Yes, streamer/DACs give you volume control, but if it is a digital side implementation, sometimes things don't sound right.

Cheers,
Raghu

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back