Upgrade my current setup

Nitin94

Actually I am trying to upgrade my current setup. i.e Rega planar 3 elys 2 -> schiit mani -> Klipsch R51 PM.
Now I am trying to change my active speakers to a combination of amp and passive speakers ( as someone suggested me it will make a huge difference with SQ)
I have a couple conditions.
1. I will be needing a good near field speakers as in my listening sessions I sit about 2-3 ft away from my speakers.
2. I prefer warm, non fatiguing, musical sound, good vocals)
3. I usually listen on low to medium volume.

I usually listen to ghazals, soft rock ( Jefferson airplane, pink Floyd, Bob Dylan,Jeff buckley etc)

I have this marantz pm 6007 in my mind. But not able to pull the trigger on speakers.
I have few in my short list.
1. Dali Oberon 3s
2. Klipsch RP600 M
3. ELAC DEBUT 6.2

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Actually I am trying to upgrade my current setup. i.e Rega planar 3 elys 2 -> schiit mani -> Klipsch R51 PM.
Now I am trying to change my active speakers to a combination of amp and passive speakers ( as someone suggested me it will make a huge difference with SQ)
1. I will be needing a good near field speakers as in my listening sessions I sit about 2-3 ft away from my speakers.

I usually listen to ghazals, soft rock ( Jefferson airplane, pink Floyd, Bob Dylan,Jeff buckley etc)

I have this marantz pm 6007 in my mind. But not able to pull the trigger on speakers.
1. Dali Oberon 3s
2. Klipsch RP600 M
3. ELAC DEBUT 6.2

Elac Debut 6.2 will blow the other two out of the water anyday in terms of bass reproduction,
Midrange clarify and overall musicality. Marantz pairs very well with Elacs, but if you are thinking long term, I would suggest a preamp and power amp combo rather than an integrated amp. That way , you can change your sonic signature just by changing the preamp as and when you wish.

1. Dali Oberon 3s
2. Klipsch RP600 M
3. ELAC DEBUT 6.2

I was in a similar boat and auditioned Dali Oberon 3, q acoustics 3020i, PSB aplha p5, Elac 6.2 among others.

I liked Dali Oberon 3 the most followed 3020i. I would have loved to audition 3030i, as I found 3020i a bit lacking in the bottom.

Oberon 3 to my ears was the best. I found Elacs a bit too much in the bottom overpowering other frequencies.

Again best if you hear them out, if possible, with your amp.

I was in a similar boat and auditioned Dali Oberon 3, q acoustics 3020i, PSB aplha p5, Elac 6.2 among others.

I liked Dali Oberon 3 the most followed 3020i. I would have loved to audition 3030i, as I found 3020i a bit lacking in the bottom.

Oberon 3 to my ears was the best. I found Elacs a bit too much in the bottom overpowering other frequencies.

Thankyou.
Will audition Oberon 3s in few days.
What about the amp? Is the choice for marantz pm6007 right?

Which amp was used when auditioning Elacs , may I ask ?

Thankyou.
Will audition Oberon 3s in few days.
What about the amp? Is the choice for marantz pm6007 right?
Speakers normally scale well with electronics. Marantz will do, if budget ain't a concern get a better one like Rega Brio

1. Dali Oberon 3s
2. Klipsch RP600 M
3. ELAC DEBUT 6.2

Hello
You can't go wrong with Elac and marantz combo since you prefer warm and no fatiguing sound. Active speakers are not bad at all but an amp and a pair of decent passive speakers will definitely change the SQ. Besides, in future you can upgrade either the amp or the set of speakers according to your wish.
Regards

1. Dali Oberon 3s
2. Klipsch RP600 M
3. ELAC DEBUT 6.2

All three are good in its own way , please do audition before you pull the plug.

IMO, going for a klipsch again might not make much sense depending on the reason you are looking to move from your active setup. Klipsch speakers for me are generally bright , Elac warm in general Nd Dali are neutral but can sound a little bright paired with a wrong amp. Frankly I am not sure if any of these would be a good option to listen to at a distance of 2/3 feet , would suggest you to evaluate below active setups if possible and is within your budget
i) Genelec
ii) Sonodyne
iii) Kali LP series

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back